This position is focused exclusively on the placement of debt and/or equity for commercial real estate transactions. In addition to the involvement in every stage of a transaction, including underwriting, market research, property tours, preparation of offering memorandums, marketing and term sheet negotiation, closing and client meetings and events, the Debt Associate will begin to develop a client network. Will work in a high-energy, team-focused environment.
- Prepare debt and/or equity offering memorandums for multi-housing commercial real estate transactions, including research, financial modeling and composition of executive summaries.
- Responsible for complex financial modeling of multi-housing commercial real estate transactions and utilize market and JLL data / comps to correctly underwrite a transaction.
- Manage the due diligence process and be the driving force in working through the marketing and closing processes for each transaction, and be in constant communication with the Producer, the market and the Client. Use this information from the marketing process to assist clients in making decisions related to their business plan and capital structure.
- Must be technically proficient in use of databases and be able to effectively identify what data from this system to will be useful to determine trends and for preparation for pitches and meetings.
- Must understand and review real estate documents (Agency templates, leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc.) to determine if any issues exist and determine what could be a concern.
- Develop and recommend financing alternatives to present to the Producer.
- Build a strong client network within the industry through meetings, events and involvement in real estate trade organizations.
- Participate in weekly office meetings with Producers to discuss deal flow, deal status, market conditions and review new client leads.
- Have a strong understanding of how JLL’s lines of business work together.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in financial analysis environment; mortgage or commercial real estate industry is preferred,
- Self-motivated, team oriented, and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing and communication skills; able to interface with clients including their top level executives.
- Strong writing skills with ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Argus experience a plus.
- Database experience a plus.
- Office – work with computers, copiers, and scanners.
- Please note this is a site-based role.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.