This position is focused exclusively on the sale of healthcare commercial real estate transactions. In addition to the involvement in every stage of a transaction, including underwriting, preparation of offering memoranda and closing, the Associate will train and lead analysts on Investment Advisory underwriting. Will work in a high-energy, team-focused environment.
- Responsible for complex financial modeling of office commercial real estate transactions and utilize market and JLL data / comps to correctly underwrite a transaction.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of office investment advisory and financing packages.
- Must be technically proficient in use of databases and be able to effectively utilize data to determine trends and prepare for pitches and meetings.
- Must understand and review real estate documents (leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc.) to determine if any issues exist and determine what could be a concern.
- Participate in weekly office meetings with Producers to discuss deal flow, deal status and market conditions.
- Lead weekly analyst meeting to answer questions and help grow future talent.
- Have a strong understanding of how JLL's lines of business work together.
- Mentor junior associates and analysts in real estate underwriting / financial modeling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in a financial analysis environment; mortgage or commercial real estate industry preferred.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, quantitative, and communication skills; able to interface with top level executives.
- Strong ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA is a plus, but not required.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, and Word.
- Expertise in Argus and Microsoft Excel.
- Database experience a plus.
- Please note this is a site-based role
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.