L+M Development Partners Summer Internship
Future Housing Leaders is excited to announce our partnership with L+M Development Partners.
L+M is seeking candidates for their summer 2022 Real Estate Development Affordable Team Internship. See more information below or click here.
Who is L+M
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality, affordable, mixed-income, and market-rate housing while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction, and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for over $9 billion in development and investment and has acquired, built, or preserved over 30,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tri-state area, the West Coast, and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials, and institutional investors turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
What you'll do:
As part of the NY Affordable team, you will work on new construction LIHTC projects in the NYC area. Our summer interns are expected to work independently and collectively as part of a team. An understanding of real estate finance is required (and successful applicants may be asked to demonstrate this through a brief exercise). Specific duties will vary depending on the team but include tasks similar to these:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collecting due diligence materials
- Financial analysis of a project or property
- Coordination of meetings of project teams
- Assisting with an RFP
- Site visits and market analysis
Who We Want
- Must be 18 years of age or older college student.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Pursuing graduate or undergraduate college degree.
- Real Estate Finance and Investments majors a plus.
How to apply:
Please send a resume and a compelling personal statement answering one (1) of the following questions to: DevelopmentInterns@LMdevpartners.com
- How would you create a more inclusive environment at a workplace like L+M Development Partners? Would you please describe an experience of where you led a group, organization, or yourself to be more inclusive?
- Think of a time in your life that shaped your decision to pursue this field. What inspired you to pursue a career in Real Estate Development, Construction, or Property Management?
- Why are you interested in L+M Development Partners? What about the mission statement “Working Together to Build a Stronger Community” resonates with you?
Lastly, are you interested in staying aware of housing finance and real estate job opportunities? If so, sign up to the Future Housing Leaders Talent Community.