Summer Internship User Research, Content & Ads
We’re looking for User Researcher Interns to #JoinTheBand this Summer. In this role, you will get to design research on our products and users and you will have an impact on the way the world listens to and experiences audio content.
New York or Remote Americas
What you'll do
- Define, plan, and conduct user research with Spotify customers, including advertisers and podcast publishers focused on our Ad Studio and Megaphone products
- Deliver compelling insights to the product and design teams
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions
- Contribute to company-wide research strategy
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field
- You have a graduation year date of 2023
- You currently have valid work authorization to work in the country in which this role is based that will extend from June to August 2022
- You are a current junior or senior in undergrad or a first of final year Master's student
- You are a current sophomore or junior in an undergraduate program or a first year Master’s student
- You have experience planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, familiar with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business teams, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English)
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is January 27, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.