Summer Internship Client Platform Engineer - Digital Workplace
We are looking for a passionate Client Platform Engineering Intern to join Spotify’s Productivity Engineering group, the team responsible for advancing the digital workplace at Spotify. Our mission is to give every Spotifier the best possible user experience from the moment they open their device. By doing so, we seek to remove all barriers to collaboration, enabling every employee to work freely and securely—with an experience that makes Spotify into one of the best places to work.
New York or Remote Americas
As a member of our Endpoint Management team, you will give us the boost we need to speed the growth of Spotify. You will be providing new staff members with what they need to hit the ground running. You and your team will be responsible for packaging, testing and deploying all of the tools and applications used at the company. You will also handle workstation patching and infrastructure administration. You will have the opportunity to work with new and exciting technologies used by our employees at the forefront of productivity and innovation.
What you'll do
- Package, test, and deploy applications and software patches for our employee endpoints
- Conduct pilots, Betas and UAT of applications and packages to ensure we are developing solutions that balance productivity and security
- Ensure correct installation, configuration, use and maintenance of the Computer Management Systems
- Work remotely US, East Coast
Who you are
- You are currently pursuing a bootcamp certification, Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- You have a graduation date of Spring or Winter 2022
- You currently have valid work authorization for the country in which this role is based from June through August 2022
- You have an interest in computer and mobile device management
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- You have basic TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SSH skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A teammate that actively collaborates with others to find solutions to problems
- Passionate about creating efficiency and ease of use for end users
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is January 26th, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.