Junior Bursar Analyst
The Junior Bursar Analyst will work closely with the University Bursar. The primary function of this position is to assist the University Bursar with the development of student billing and payment enhancements to improve the student experience by providing options for the management of their student account.
Among the specific responsibilities of the College Assistant are the following:
· Work with Nelnet, a CUNY vendor.
· Work on Project Team to design payment options and related processes
· Work with local campus Bursar offices to solicit and summarize design requests
· Once design is agreed upon, participate in the system testing to ensure the “product” characteristics function as designed.
· Run CUNYfirst reports and queries as needed.
· Provide support to the University Assistant Bursar on special projects.
· Prepare reports and presentation materials for University management and colleges.
· Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and other special projects, as requested.
· Attention to detail
· Good analytical, oral and written skills
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
· Background in systems programing or operational analysis is a plus
· Background in basic and intermediate accounting is a plus.