HR Business Partner
Position Reports to: Vice President, Talent and Organizational Effectiveness
Location: Any of NFF’s office locations (Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, and Philadelphia); remote locations will be considered
Department: Talent and Organizational Effectiveness
The COVID crisis and the uprising for racial justice have shone national light on both the urgent work required to build a more just and vibrant society for all Americans and the potential for positive action when our communities mobilize. In most cases, these efforts are spearheaded by nonprofits, community organizations, and their heroic staff who deliver essential services like affordable housing, social justice advocacy, health, youth development, and the arts. Yet these nonprofits and the communities they support operate within a flawed, inequitable funding system that controls their access to resources, impeding their ability to make a difference.
Nonprofit Finance Fund (NFF) is setting out to change that. We know that nonprofit leaders have power when they have access to capital and financial knowledge. Our strategy focuses on helping to shift that power by changing funding and financing practices so more money flows equitably and with less restriction to community-centered organizations led by and serving people of color, so they can be the drivers of their own change.
Read about our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion here.
About the Opportunity:
The HR Business Partner is part of the Talent and Organizational Effectiveness (T&OE) team, which leads NFF’s talent work. The HR Business Partner’s primary responsibility is to develop and direct an HR agenda that supports and drives the overarching goals of the organization to ensure there is a bridge between the work of the HR team on the ground and the mission of the organization.
This position can be based out of any of NFF’s office locations (Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, and Philadelphia). Remote locations will be considered as well. Our teams are currently working remotely. However, our offices have re-opened, and staff can opt into in-person work as desired and based on the needs of the role.
The HR Business Partner will report to the Vice President, Talent and Organizational Effectiveness who is based in New York, NY.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Associate Director of Talent to develop and maintain culture competency and continuing education and professional development.
- Develop and support HR strategies, policies, and practices in support of organizational goals ensuring alignment of staff to business objectives while centering employee development.
- Monitor and report on employee productivity and performance.
- Identify and implement HR initiatives in support of staff engagement and wellness.
- Monitor team budget to ensure appropriate use of funds and resources.
- Engage with leadership of each suite and department to identify opportunities and provide strategic solutions
- Analyze HR-related trends and metrics and report on insights and key takeaways
- Serve as primary representative of the T&OE team for all initiatives.
- Perform other duties in support of T&OE department and team as assigned.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in human resource management
- You have a strategic mindset and can see the big picture while identifying the details
- You are a powerful listener and understand the importance of relationship building
- You are successful in designing and implementing HR systems, processes, policies and practices that support employee and organizational growth
- You are a collaborator and demonstrate the ability to work across all levels of an organization and functions
- You are a self-starter who can be resourceful to move work forward
- You act with integrity and confidentiality
- You are committed to continuous improvement and demonstrate a growth mindset
- You are flexible, adaptable, and willing to pivot on short notice to meet the organization’s needs
- You embody NFF’s mission, core values and commitment to equity
At NFF, we are invested in discussing the depth and breadth of each candidate’s background and experience during the interview process and using that information to determine the best offer. The salary range for this position begins at $85,000. NFF also provides an attractive benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, standard holidays, and commuter benefits.
All salaries are commensurate with experience and include an attractive benefits package.
Nonprofit Finance Fund is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage candidates that will help us live out this commitment to apply.
NFF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, NFF complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. NFF also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment and NFF reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without notice.
When applying, please DO NOT include any of the following information with your job application: Social Security number; driver's license number or state-issued identification card number; financial account number, or credit or debit card number.