Senior Advisor, Employee Relations (REMOTE)
The Senior Employee Relations Advisor is responsible for providing advice and counsel to managers and employees on a variety of employee relations and/or labor relations and management issues.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Works collaboratively with and provides day-to-day coaching and advice to Senior Business Unit, Functional or Regional leaders managers and all other assigned employees on a large variety of employee relations issues, performance management, and policy interpretation
- Reviews and assists managers in drafting corrective action, performance improvement, and termination documentation
- Identifies and analyzes legal/compliance risks in employment situations
- Partners with the Labor & Employment Legal team to review and make recommendations on complex issues, such as terminations, investigations, and medical issues/accommodations, to effectively manage company risk
- Stays current on employment law and employment law trends
- Conducts internal investigations of simple to moderate complexity, documents findings and makes recommendations to management as appropriate
- Collaborates with Global Learning team to develop and deploy manager effectiveness, HR compliance, and other employee relations-related training programs
- Provides support to managers and other HR functions throughout annual performance review process. This includes helping craft IIGs, development plans and quality written and verbal feedback
- Tracks and interprets trends in employee relations to proactively identify issues and develop training and other solutions
- Leads and/or participates in departmental projects/initiatives focused on continuous improvement.
About you: To be successful in this role, you require:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgment based on policies, procedures, practices, risk factors and precedent
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to inspire trust and confidence and effectively influence the decision-making process
- Knowledge of employment law
- Experience supporting Sr. Business Unit, Function or Region leadership level client groups
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in Management, Human Resources or Psychology. Will accept equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of cumulative direct Employee Relations experience
- Minimum of 6 years of experience managing a wide variety of complex, high risk and sensitive employment-related cases from intake to investigation to resolution
- SPHR or PHR preferred
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
For many roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.