Capital Markets Analyst
The role of the analyst is to provide extraordinary service to internal colleagues and external lenders/investors by producing detailed, orderly presentations of data, facts, and figures, that can lead a lender/investor to make a well-educated decision about financing requests.
· Assist in modeling and underwriting of commercial real estate, covering all asset classes, markets, and financing types in Microsoft Excel.
· Assist in preparing commercial financing request packages for presentation to lenders. Work closely with Managing Director, Senior Vice Presidents & Associates in marketing of financing transactions.
· Assist in completing mortgage applications for submission to lending institutions in a timely fashion.
· Review and analyze legal documents and third-party reports as part of the due diligence process.
· Organize and present financial analysis, draw objective conclusions and make recommendations.
· Maintain internal deal pipeline and lender/client facing processing checklists.
· Assist in interactions with clients, lenders, attorneys, appraisers, and environmental consultants in all stages of transactions, underwriting, packaging, marketing, processing, and closing.
· Maintain contact with clients in obtaining any required documentation.
· May participate in networking through professional, business and community organizations and activities to promote and market loan products.
· Prepare market analysis reports, including vacancy, absorption, and comparable rents and sales.
· Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education.
· Background in Commercial Real Estate, Finance, or Mortgages preferred
· Candidate must be a disciplined and very organized self-starter, with ability to set goals and priorities while working in an extremely fast-paced team setting.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing and communication skills; able to interface with top level executives.
· Self-motivated, team-oriented and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
· Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Strong computer skills with an advanced working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint