Staff Accountant Intern
=== NOTE: The NYC Board of Education Retirement System will be holding a virtual information session with Baruch on February 10, 2022 (Tuesday) from 12:30-1:30. Be sure to register at https://baruch.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0kdeqorjIpHdbn92J5l7okvG96aK-TKtGe ===
Internship Summary: Under supervision, performs various phases of work involving accounting in Fiscal Operations working independently and as part of a team Performs related work.
Reports to: Director of Fiscal Operations
Key Relationships: The Staff Accountant Intern works closely with the staff throughout BERS.
· Prepares accounting schedules and reports.
· Verfies data from received from BERS units, ERP system, the Comptroller and other Agencies; analyze them for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with BERS Rules and Regulations, IRS rules and GASB pronouncements.
· Reconcile members payroll deductions with BERS bank statements and Enterprise Resource Planning System.
· Reconciles the sub-ledgers to the General Ledger.
· Assists in the preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report, State of New York Insurance report, and other reports requested by management.
· Performs other accounting tasks as directed by the Director of Fiscal Operations.
· Master degree in Accounting.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and advanced functions such as Pivot Tables and Data Analysis Tools.
· Strong oral and written communications skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Access database queries.