Investment Strategy Analyst Intern
=== NOTE: The NYC Board of Education Retirement System will be holding a virtual information session with Baruch on February 10, 2022 (Tuesday) from 12:30-1:30. Be sure to register at https://baruch.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0kdeqorjIpHdbn92J5l7okvG96aK-TKtGe ===
Internship Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Investment Strategy, with great latitude for the exercise of independent initiative and judgment, the Investment Strategy Analyst Intern will be responsible for supporting Executive Staff in research, statistical analysis and other economic assessments as related to the investment program of BERS. Performs related work.
Reports to: Director of Investment Strategy, BERS
Key Relationships: Staff throughout BERS, Board of Trustees, Office of the Comptroller’s Bureau of Asset Management (BAM), Office of the Actuary, and Investment Consultants.
· Assist Investment Strategy Analysts in conducting research and analysis on various asset classes, investment managers, and economic trends for both the Qualified Pension Plan and Variable Tax Deferred Annuity programs.
· Alongside senior members of the Investment Strategy Department, represent BERS at various investment conferences and investment manager introductory meetings
· In conjunction with senior members of the Investment Strategy Department, develop and analyze a variety of investment reports and models, including capital market expectations, asset allocation models, and due diligence memos for use in investment decision-making and manager selection.
· In collaboration with the Director of Investment Strategy and the Executive Director, develop agenda for monthly Executive Committee meetings.
· Keep apprised of developments in pension fund investment management, including attendance at manager conferences and research on best practices of other pension funds and institutional asset allocators.
· Prepare materials and presentations for executive committee members and assist with requests from board members.
· Review and maintain investment policy documents, including investment policy statements, investment meeting materials, due diligence and legal documents.
· Research projects as requested by the Director of Investment Strategy or Executive Office.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
· A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by 12 semester credits in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, law, mathematics, and/or statistics.
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills
· Experience creating financial models
· Strong public speaking and presentation skills
· Curiosity and inquisitiveness