Non-Bank Financial Institutions Credit Officer - VP
As a Barclays Non-Bank Financial Institutions Credit Officer - VP you will be responsible for the analysis, approval and monitoring of counterparty risk and securitization transactions for the Residential Warehouse Finance and Trading Businesses. The portfolio is comprised of Non-Bank Financial Institutions, including non-bank originators and mortgage funds (e.g., REITs, SMAs) and spans across several asset classes.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Acting as credit officer for securitization exposures across various residential and Business Purpose asset classes
- Preparing and analyzing credit proposal for new and existing transactions
- Judiciously applying delegated discretion to provide credit sanction and / or provide commercially mindful challenge to new business proposals and / or transaction amendments
- Interfacing with Business / Deal Team and provide structuring advice on transactions
- Conducting on-site operational and financial due diligence of clients, and participate in management and bank meetings
- Providing support on portfolio analysis and initial and ongoing due diligence reviews of assigned transactions
- Preparing and presenting sector/asset class reviews
- Staying current on market developments, including origination and pricing levels, and in turn alert senior management
What We’re Looking For
- 5-7 years’ experience in credit risk analysis and approval at a major investment bank/similar institution, or equivalent position at an external credit rating agency
- Detailed knowledge of securitized products (including derivatives) and related documentation
- Strong acumen for analyzing Non-Bank Financial Institutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a variety of formats and forums
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Demonstrating sound knowledge of securitization fundamentals, with experience in whole loan financing, aggregation or rating residential-backed securitizations
- Experience in fundamental credit analysis and familiarity with financial statement analysis and modeling techniques
- Experience in negotiating legal documents (Loan Agreements, ISDA, GMRA, etc.)
- FRM/CFA qualification or progression towards such designation
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.