Marketing Analytics and Operations Summer 2022 Internship
The Growth Marketing Team at 1800Flowers.com is recruiting interns for the 2022 summer season. We offer students the chance to apply their academic learnings in a real-world environment and the chance to contribute to a variety of departments, including Brand Strategy, Product Management, Growth Marketing, Direct Ship and Florist Operations, Inventory Planning & Management, Merchandising, Creative Services (Graphic Design & Photography) and more.
The Digital Leadership Program manages many of the company’s emerging and fastest growing business lines, including FruitBouquets.com, Florists.com, and 1800Flowers.ca. We are looking for strong candidates with consistent and strong levels of achievement in academics, internships and other college, graduate school or career activities to grow and develop our up-and-coming businesses.
Candidates should be comfortable multi-tasking, while maintaining a strong attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication and an ability to build relationships across internal and external audiences. We are also seeking someone who has a "can do" attitude and is used to data-driven analysis. We offer an accelerated career trajectory and a chance to learn from industry leaders and alumni who have worked at the best consulting and technology companies. We are a flat, dynamic and highly focused team and have fun while producing strong growth and revenue.
Marketing Analytics and Operations Summer Intern
Reporting & analytics (50%)
- Extract, analyze and disseminate relevant data that positively impacts the quality of internal discussions and go to market decisions.
- Develop strategic automated reporting strategies, and collaborate with multiple departments on marketing spend and execution.
- Develop insights and recommendations that will help facilitate effective marketing, segmentation, and website testing strategies.
- Create and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly analytics reports to provide to various stakeholders including marketing, finance, merchandising, and senior executives.
- Analyze and interpret results of marketing and website tests.
- Present reports and analysis to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
Marketing Operations and Coordination (35%)
- Support daily marketing operations by assisting in campaign setup and management
- Coordinate the production and approvals of marketing assets
- Test and validate website changes and campaign assets
- Assist in managing various day to day marketing team operations
Stakeholder management (15%)
- Attend all relevant internal meetings and develop sustainable relationships with key departments and leaders including IT, merchandising, finance, product management, legal, marketing, and corporate development.
- Attend all relevant external meetings and calls with vendors.
- Customer Satisfaction Orientation: Delivering exceptional satisfaction to both external and internal customers through transparent collaboration and sustainably broadening and deepening such relationships
- Results-driven: Successfully deliver assigned goals, complete tasks diligently and positively impact the collective results of the organization.
- Team work: Consistently working well with a diverse group of colleagues and team mates with sensitivity and supportive attitude.
- Outstanding communication: Exceptional skills in written and verbal communication.
- Strong interest in learning and managing website analytics
- Familiarity of hypothesis testing principles
- High analytical horsepower to drive strategic interpretation of digital activities and develop insights that positively impact the outcome
- Advanced computer skills are required including MS Office Suite and the ability to learn and utilize internal applications
Top candidates will have a/an:
- Strong proficiency in excel (e.g. pivot tables and advanced functions, macros a plus)
- Understanding of how to analyze data to identify trends
- Knowledge of how to run controlled tests and analyzing the results (in any field)
- Pluses: Experience with Google Analytics, IBM Coremetrics, SPSS, SQL, Adwords, SAS Enterprise Guide, and similar analytics, statistics, and marketing tools
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. is a leading provider of gifts for all celebratory occasions. For the past 40 years, 1-800-Flowers.com® has been helping deliver smiles to customers with a 100% Smile Guarantee® backing every gift. The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. family of brands also includes everyday gifting and entertaining products from 1-800-Baskets.com®, Cheryl’s® cookies, FruitBouquets.com, Harry & David®, Moose Munch®, Personalization Universe® Simply Chocolate, The Popcorn Factory®, and Wolferman’s®. The Company also offers top-quality steaks and chops from Stock Yards®. Service offerings such as Celebrations Passport®, Celebrations Rewards® and Celebrations Reminders® are designed to deepen relationships with customers across all brands. The Company's BloomNet® international floral wire service provides a broad-range of products and services designed to help professional florists grow their businesses profitably. Additionally, the Company operates Napco, a resource for floral gifts and seasonal décor and DesignPac Gifts, LLC, a manufacturer of gift baskets and towers. To learn more about 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc., please visit https://investor.1800flowers.com/
Our Commitment to Diversity
At 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc., we seek to inspire more human expression, connection and celebration -- for everyone. This means fostering a culture of inclusion where our team members, customers and partners feel respected, valued and empowered. We believe that embracing diversity, and celebrating the uniqueness of every individual, makes us a better company.