PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (MULTIPLE) (3844)
- ANCHORAGE, Alaska; HUNTSVILLE, Alabama
- Req ID: 3844
When you work at Chugach Government Solutions (CGS), you join a proud legacy of supporting missions while sustaining culture.
The federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation, CGS has been supporting critical missions as a government contractor for over 25 years. Our focus is to support facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction and education. We are proud to have built, and continue to foster, an incredibly talented team spanning across the globe in hundreds of different fields – each team member proud to serve our country with first-class business services, while also making a difference for our Chugach shareholders.
At CGS, empowering employees is a part of our core, and that focus is one of the ways we build and foster high-performing teams. We empower our employees through competitive compensation and benefits package, professional growth opportunities, truthful communication, and more!
If you are looking for an opportunity to serve something bigger than yourself; if you want your day job to be one that creates meaningful value; if you are looking for an environment that highly values employees and respects individual differences – then Chugach Government Solutions may be the right fit for you!
Under the general direction of the Project Accounting Supervisor and in cooperation with the Staff Accountant, the Project Accountant is responsible for producing and processing accurate and timely work in support of the Project Accounting Department, to include activity set up, project financial analysis and cost review.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Reads and interprets government contracts.
- Reads and interprets Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Sets up activity coding for task order/delivery order contracts, including cost codes based on budgets and budget revisions.
- Reviews cost detail in Project Accounting Reports to ensure accurate coding in accordance with contractual and CGS, LLC. Corporate requirements.
- Effectively communicates with project managers and Operations Managers regarding costs, revenue, contract setup and modifications.
- Sends monthly Project Accounting reports, and contractually required reports, to Project Managers.
- Performs accurate and timely monthly Project Accounting financial analysis, while meeting corporate deadlines.
- Identifies and explains variances between budgeted and actual contract costs. Uses critical thinking skills to determine potential issues and identify needed actions.
- Prepares monthly financial analysis related journal entries. Reviews and posts analysis related journal entries prepared by other Accountants.
- Adheres to and engages with established CGS safety policies and initiatives, and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Complies with CGS Standard Operating Procedures, and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Reviews weekly timesheets in a timely and accurate manner to accommodate payroll deadlines. Timesheets will be reviewed as a quality control measure to ensure proper Project Accounting labor codes are being used.
- Works overtime when required.
- Conducts training with new employees as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Accounting or related field and two (2) years of progressively responsible accounting experience. Experience may be substituted for education as follows:
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible accounting experience.
- Critical thinking skills as demonstrated by ability to identify non-routine issues, seek and analyze information, and determine appropriate action(s).
- Broad understanding of accounting processes to include payroll, accounts payable, general ledger and Accounts Receivable accounting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word at an intermediate level.
CGS will provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Chugach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, disability, genetic factors, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.