Client Specialist (Asheville, NC)
As a Client Specialist, you will:
Be responsible for the client service and business operation functions of one or more Financial Advisors following a wealth management or portfolio management business approach, including any operational functions necessary to meet client service requirements.
- Responsible for client onboarding coordination, which includes managing Financial Advisor(s) prospect pipeline, assisting with proposal generation, preparing new account paperwork, opening accounts, transitioning new assets to Baird and establishing an ongoing communication/client service plan.
- Gain knowledge of and leverage partnership with Baird’s Corporate Resource Groups
- Answers all incoming phone calls and handles as appropriate. Manages client needs where possible and advises Financial Advisor of action taken.
- May schedule client appointments and/or conference room for appointments.
- Assemble/generate materials including paperwork and reports for client meetings.
- Understand and ensure business adherence with firm and financial industry regulatory policies
- Maintain Client Relationship Management (CRM) system for Financial Advisor(s), as well as leverage the platform to manage the client relationship through mailings, reporting, e-mail tracking, and more, with the goal of implementing well-defined client service models.
- Initiates and completes all transactions required to fully service client accounts i.e. paperwork, correspondence, client request fulfillment and special projects as needed
- May enter security orders including stocks, bonds, fixed income, options, annuities and other investment vehicle orders per Financial Advisors’ instructions or upon client’s verbal direction.
- May also provide back-up to other teams and the branch when necessary, as well as perform other duties and special projects as necessary.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Flexible work-life balance is promoted
- Fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and give back to the communities where we live and work
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
- A strong, stable employee-owned firm recognized as a great place to work since 2004.
- Baird provides six weeks of hands on technology training, plus extensive one-on-one training and support
What we look for:
- 2+ years of prior industry work experience.
- Must have active Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) Exam, Series 7, and Series 66 or Series 63 and Series 65 licenses.
- Focus on excellent client service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn and effectively navigate Baird’s Private Wealth Management technology platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to adeptly exchange ideas and information.
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills -- consistent ability to prioritize workflow of team to achieve specific goals in a timely manner.
- Understands compliance regulations and correspondence policies. Maintains client confidentiality in all situations.
- Good analytical and critical problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
Additional revenue share income may be provided based upon performance and shall be determined at the sole discretion of the Financial Advisor Team with whom the hire is paired.
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.