Asset Management Intern (Summer 2023)
- We have internships in Acquisitions, Asset Management, Finance/Accounting, Information Technology, Leasing, and Property Management. Please apply to the internship that applies to your major and interests you most. Please do not apply to more than two internships.
- The internship will be in-person*
- The internship will take place in June – August (8 weeks – 5 days per week)*
- Travel or relocation expenses will not be covered by Paramount
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company reserves the right to change the internship.
Who We’re Looking For:
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best product.
- Motivated. You have a positive attitude and invest extra energy to reach your goals while meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle your workload and personal interactions with teammates.
- Creative. You are an idea person who is excited to learn and likes coming up with smart solutions to new challenges.
- Meticulous. You are detail-oriented and a reliable teammate.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze lease proposals compared to budgeted terms on an NER, IRR, and NPV basis to assist leasing decisions
- Track financial performance and occupancy of assets compared to budget
- Assist in the preparation of internal asset valuations, using a discounted cash flow (Argus) and/or direct capitalization approach, and participate in valuation meetings. Metrics involved include internal rate of returns, time-weighted returns, sensitivity tables, cash-on-cash returns and various other return metrics.
- Assist in preparing hold/sell analyses as required to determine the optimum time to sell assets
- Assist in any applicable external appraisal processes as required
- Analyze property performance across the portfolio and create portfolio analytics to assist property management in effectively managing the portfolio
- Evaluate markets and create presentations to identify changes/trends which impact real estate values and investment strategies, to assist in the management of the portfolio
- Assist in the preparation of reporting packages, both financial and operational, for senior management and Joint Venture partners
- Review loan and Joint Venture documents to clearly understand the rights and obligations of all parties to ensure compliance
- Interface with leasing, construction, property management, and finance teams to ensure assets are being proficiently managed and information is efficiently communicated across the platform
- Assist in the review and analyze tenant financials to assist in the determination of the security required for both new leases and renewals
- Currently attends a college or university in a bachelor’s degree program — preferably Business, Finance or Real Estate
- Interested in a career in real estate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)