Assistant Project Manager
Who we're looking for:
Were looking to build the best teams possible with highly motivated and engaged employees. We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join The Douglaston Companies. If you are looking to work in a collaborative and supportive environment, but also be challenged in your role, we welcome you to apply!
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare financial models, projections, and sensitivities for development opportunities including budget creation, proforma analysis, debt and equity structuring, identifying market and leasing assumptions, as well as scope determination and waterfall return analysis
- Management of project tasks, including coordinating activities of architects, engineers, consultants, and contractors and coordinating project logistics with onsite and resident engagement staff
- Create Requests for Proposals (RFP) to select vendors and consultants, oversee the solicitation process, evaluate and analyze the resulting proposals and make recommendations for selection
- Draft design consultant and other scopes of work and assist in contract negotiation
- Research market data/demographics including interfacing with third parties to verify lease, sale and resale information
- Assist in the preparation of project budget and financial pro forma
- Assist in the preparation of the business plan for the project, including marketing and lease-up strategy, budget and capital requirements.
- Assist in performing due diligence on acquisition and investment transactions
- Work in close coordination with joint venture partners, Project Executive and design teams to ensure high-quality design, development, procurement, and project financing
- Work on special projects and collaborate with other disciplines as required
Qualifications, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years of professional experience in a related field including architecture/design, finance/investment, law or government. Real estate industry experience is preferred
- Strong analytical, quantitative, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced environment and handle multiple projects at the same time. Must be a self-starter who can switch seamlessly between collaboration and independent work
- Proficiency in creating complex financial models for using Excel. Microsoft Project and InDesign experience are a plus. Argus proficiency is not required
- Accuracy, diligence and attention to detail are critical
- Willing to question assumptions, demonstrated passion for continuing education, and has a strong interest in the built environment
The Douglaston Companies encourages all employees to receive the vaccine against COVID-19, but is not required for employment.
What else can you expect from The Douglaston Companies?
- Health: We proudly offer a full suit of health benefits! Thats medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, and even pet insurance for your furry family, to name a few. We also provide Life Insurance employer paid (basic with option to purchase more), Enhanced Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability coverage!
- Wealth: great pay, 401(k) plan with a very generous employer match and vesting schedule because your retirement is just as important to us as it is to you!
- Development: virtual courses, tuition reimbursement, lunch and learns and wellness programs.
- Balance: paid time off, 8 company holidays, hybrid work schedule with 4 days in the office and 1 remote (subject to your location and role). We offer a fun-fast paced culture thats a perfect mix of high performance.
$65,000 - 85,000/yr.
Who we are:
Douglaston Development, Levine Builders, and Clinton Management are a dynamic privately held group of companies with a unique owner-builder-manager advantage, known collectively as The Douglaston Companies.
The Douglaston Companies started with the founding of Levine Builders in 1979 with just two people. Standing by our core values of integrity and ethics for the past four decades the firm has grown to 200 employees. By providing general contracting and construction management services, Levine Builders has built, renovated and rehabilitated thousands of residential units and millions of square feet of commercial, hotel, office buildings, retail centers, religious, educational, and healthcare facilities.
With the later establishment of Douglaston Development as the driving engine of the organization, the two companies worked in unison to leverage each others expertise to develop and build most complex projects while also growing and thriving in challenging markets.
In 2002, Clinton Management was founded to manage the expanding portfolio of developments created by Douglaston Development and constructed by Levine Builders. Clinton Management oversees a broad portfolio of moderate income housing, luxury apartments, commercial, and retail properties.
Each affiliate company works together to cohesively acquire property, develop it to its full potential, and manage it efficiently, assuring that each investment achieves and maintains maximum value and profitability while strengthening the community in which the assets are located.
The Douglaston Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.