Senior Pricing Analyst
At Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. (GB) we are constantly seeking skilled professionals who are up for a challenge and take exceptional performance to heart. The professionals we hire help us maintain our reputation as one of the most progressive property/casualty third party claims service organizations in our industry and throughout the world. Gallagher Bassett provides services to Fortune 1000 companies throughout 100 offices worldwide. For the past several years GB has ranked among the largest TPA's by Business Insurance Magazine and was also a recipient of the Business Insurance Readers' Choice award for "Best Third Party Claims Administrator." If you're looking for a professional career with an industry leader then you have come to the right place. Wherever your interests lie, we're sure you will agree on one thing: our continued prosperity hinges on our greatest resource --- our people.
Senior Financial Analyst - Pricing Role
- Preparation of complex pricing and profitability analyses supporting New Business and in line with renewal strategy with minimal managerial guidance
- Analyze revenue, cost, margin and pricing agreements while providing insight and recommendations for timely and effective business decisions with minimal managerial guidance
- Collaborate with Sales Executives, Account Managers and Field Operations to gather and question all cost assumptions used to prepare a quote
- Work directly with Sales and Account Management to improve financial status of current and potential clients by analyzing results and variances, identifying trends and recommending appropriate actions
- Ensure development and improvement of standard pricing analytic report templates, presentations, methodologies and processes through advanced analytical thought processes
- Work with the Business to develop and implement pricing strategies that effectively cater to various markets and channels
- Analyze the impact of price changes, recommend adjustments to pricing standards and strategies that will support business objectives and plans without impeding future growth
- Challenge the conventional pricing methodology to improve the process and develop new approaches
- Perform complex ad hoc analyses for operational and financial management and to support business needs
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s degree, with preference in a quantitative analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, Math, Statistics or Economics.
- 7 plus years of experience in quantitative analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- 5 years of related work experience
- Prior experience working in the insurance industry is a strong plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) a plus
- MBA or related advanced degree a plus
Skills & Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in excel-based financial modeling, including financial planning and analysis, pricing and partnering with non-finance business partners
- Ability to flex between data/analytics and marketing creativity while thinking outside the box to solve complex problems with limited data sources
- Comfortable in an environment with changing priorities, and competing demands for time
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, business partners and company officials
- Attention to detail
- Results oriented
- Problem solver
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (mainly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to execute and present analysis with minimal guidance from manager
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of insurance industry
- Acquire proficient to advanced knowledge of proprietary systems/processes
- Good business acumen
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.