Intern - Inspector General, Fraud Prevention
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey offers paid internships to students that provide the opportunity to work with knowledgeable and experienced professionals on assignments critical to operating, maintaining, and expanding the transportation infrastructure for one of the greatest economies in the world. Assignments include hands-on projects to cultivate technical, writing, communication, and team-building skills. The diversity of our businesses creates a variety of opportunities for students to gain exposure to the work of a first-class public agency.
The Office of Inspector General is looking for an intern to join their team in the Fraud Prevention unit! Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting vendor integrity checks on entities seeking to perform work on Port Authority projects
- Performing various tasks and assignments such as database searches of companies and key individuals within those companies and reporting the findings
About the Office of Inspector General:
The Office of Inspector General (OIG) works to keep the agency corruption-free. The mission of the OIG is to enhance and defend the integrity of the Port Authority's programs and operations. To accomplish this mission, the OIG detects, receives, and investigates allegations of fraud, corruption, waste, and abuse with respect to employees, or other individuals or organizations doing business with the Port Authority, who attempt to corrupt or unlawfully interfere with Port Authority operations.
- Candidates must be students enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral program
- We are seeking interns who are talented, driven, and have a genuine interest in contributing to the success of the New York/New Jersey region.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters with excellent communication, research and applicable technical skills.
- Interest in criminal justice policy, audit and/or investigations
- Public Administration or related major
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey is operating on a hybrid schedule, meaning there are in-person and virtual work days.
How to Apply
- To apply, please click the Apply Now button
- To be considered, please submit a: (1) resume and (2) cover letter detailing why you want to work at The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
- Applicants will receive an automated confirmation email after submitting an application
The Selection Process
- Only applicants under consideration will be contacted
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will be conducted within the next or month or so
- Interns are selected based on academic achievement, analytical, and communication skills, and work experience