Do you love music? Do you believe in the power of music to bring people together? If you do, and you want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians then we have a position where you can find your sound.
The primary job functions are developing detailed business models, preparing short-range and long-range financial projections and annual budgets, and providing financial analysis and key decision support to the VP of Finance, Director of Finance and other functional departments of the Company's operations. A capable candidate will be a solid team player with a strong work ethic.
Essential Functions (not all-inclusive):
- Assist in development and analysis of the forecast and budget processes
- Consolidate monthly and quarterly results and prepare financial reports
- Prepare P&L statements and analyze month end variances, comparing results to budget & prior year
- Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models as needed
- Track and report capital expenditures variances versus budget
- Build sophisticated business models for planning, performance measurement, and to drive sound decision making for store growth and acquisitions
- Streamline systems to improve ability to analyze complex data and make recommendations
- Increase productivity by developing automated reports, and coordinating information requirements
- Clearly and concisely communicate financial information to non-financial managers
- Anticipate organization's analytical needs and act proactively
About Music & Arts
Music & Arts embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to create lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The first Music & Arts was located in a small house in Bethesda, MD and run by founder Benjamin O'Brien. When Music & Arts opened its doors in 1952, we offered printed music, music lessons, dance lessons, and art supplies. Ben decided shortly after opening his business that he wanted to focus on music to better serve his customers -- a decision that remains intact to this day.
Since the 1990's, Music & Arts has expanded nationwide through organic growth and a series of acquisitions and mergers with other music dealers. In 2005, Music & Arts joined forces with American Music to become the largest band and orchestra instrument retailer in the United States. Based in Frederick, MD, Music & Arts is now part of the Guitar Center enterprise and comprises 225+ retail stores, 200+ educational representatives, and 250+ affiliate locations
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance (equivalent experience substitutable)
- 2+ years of related professional experience
- Experience with SQL, BI Applications (PowerBI, Tableau, MicroStrategy), and Planning Applications (BPC, Smartview, Cognos) preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Experience independently developing financial and operational models to support major business initiatives
- Ability to import/organize/analyze large data sets from disparate sources
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Self-starter with ability to thrive working independently and in a team environment
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP; CPA
- FP&A experience
- Dynamics AX, Microstrategy, and Oracle Smart View experience (or similar systems experience)
- Relational database & SQL experience
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Music & Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐ related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.