Client Assistant (Wausau, WI)
As a Client Assistant, you will:
Provide exceptional client service and operational support for one or more Financial Advisors following a wealth management or portfolio management business approach.
- Responsible for client onboarding coordination, which includes managing Financial Advisor(s) prospect pipeline, assisting with proposal generation, preparing new account paperwork, opening accounts, transitioning new assets to Baird, and establishing an ongoing communication/client service plan.
- Gain knowledge of and leverage partnership with Baird’s Corporate Resource Groups to provide the best wealth management solutions to clients.
- Answers all incoming phone calls and handles as appropriate.
- May schedule client appointments and/or conference room for appointments.
- Understand and ensure business adherence with firm and financial industry regulatory policies.
- Maintain Client Relationship Management (CRM) system for Financial Advisor(s), as well as leverage the platform to manage the client relationship through mailings, reporting, e-mail tracking, and more, with the goal of implementing well-defined client service models.
- May organize and coordinate seminars and client events at the direction of Financial Advisor(s). Develops client lists, designs material and seminar/meeting content, coordinates PowerPoint presentations and follows through with client contact.
- May manage FA and Team’s social media presence (website, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.).
- Initiates and completes all transactions required to fully service client accounts i.e., paperwork, correspondence, client request fulfillment and special projects as needed
- May enter security orders including stocks, bonds, fixed income, options, annuities, and other investment vehicle orders per Financial Advisors’ instructions or upon client’s verbal direction.
- May also provide back-up to other teams and the branch, when necessary, as well as perform other duties and special projects as necessary.
- Proactively review investment opportunities daily & notify Financial Advisor(s) to take action on those opportunities with the goal of driving the Financial Advisors’ business. Specifically, this may include funds available/money line, maturing securities, reorg items, and previous days’ activities.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Flexible work-life balance is promoted
- Fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and give back to the communities where we live and work
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
- A strong, stable employee-owned firm recognized as a great place to work since 2004.
- Baird provides six weeks hands on technology training, plus extensive one-on-one training and support
What we look for:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Focus on excellent client service.
- Expected to study for and obtain the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) Exam and Series 7 and 66 licensures within 18 months of hire. Training and resources to be provided and paid for by Baird.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn and effectively navigate Baird’s Private Wealth Management technology platforms.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (including e-mail); ability to adeptly exchange ideas and information
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Organized with consistent ability to prioritize workflow of team to achieve specific goals in a timely manner.
- Good analytical and critical problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; not required
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.