Corporate Communications Winter Internship
Who We Are
Authentic is a brand development, marketing and entertainment company, which owns a portfolio of global media, entertainment and fashion lifestyle brands. Authentic elevates and builds the long-term value of more than 50 consumer brands and properties by partnering with best-in-class manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. We are committed to transforming brands by delivering compelling product, content, business and immersive experiences. We create and activate original marketing strategies to drive the success of our brands across all consumer touchpoints, platforms and emerging media.
The mission of Authentic is to evolve, transform and reimagine global brands through innovative business models, powerful storytelling, compelling content, and immersive experiences. Working at Authentic isn't like working at other companies. Let's chat if you're creative and hungry to drive ideas into action. We work with some of the brightest minds in retail, marketing, licensing, legal and more. Join us in working toward our mission. #WeareAuthentic
What you’ll do
A key part of the Corporate Communications Winter (January-March) Intern role will be to leverage the collective expertise of our team. This individual will assist with corporate communications tasks including writing, producing content, web and social media aggregation, clipping, archiving content, contact lists management and administrative support as needed.
The Corporate Communications Intern will be responsible for supporting the Authentic team in maintaining the highest standards of quality, consistency and clarity in our communications. This position reports to the Manager of Corporate Communications.
What you’ll be working on
- Draft content and create assets for corporate materials including the Authentic newsletter, Authentic Newsroom and social media accounts
- Compiling and updating contact lists
- Manage various trackers and update corporate materials as needed
- Prepare media reports on assigned subjects
- Monitor and research activities involving and/or impacting Authentic’s portfolio of brands
- General planning, research, scheduling, reporting and coordination
- Undergraduate/graduate student
- Able to work up to 20 hours per week
- Able to work onsite in our NYC office
- Major in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or digital media
- Strong writing, communication, storytelling and project management skills
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and grasp complex information
- Familiarity with platforms such as Adobe, Microsoft, Slack, Trello, Mailchimp and MuckRack
- Demonstrated willingness to take ownership of assignments and see through to completion
- A can-do attitude with the ability to learn and grow
Authentic is an equal-opportunity employer and we value and embrace the diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, national origin, disability, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities or religious obligations who would like to request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com.