Assist the Design & Construction team with tasks and assignments related to the real estate development process with a focus on cost management and real estate finance.
Summary of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Summer Intern will assist the Design & Construction team with tasks and assignments related to the real estate development process.
The Summer Intern may assist Design & Construction in various activities:
- cost management
- software validation
- program development
- construction management
- issue resolution
- quality control
- completing surveys
- other duties as assigned by Design & Construction team
The Summer Intern will gain exposure to many areas within Design & Construction:
- Approach to development projects in various phases of project lifecycle
- Working with the clients/tenants, consultants and contractors
- Working with internally with development, accounting and IT departments
- Use of Rockefeller Group systems and procedures
The internship may involve work in the office, field or nearby off-site locations.
Candidate for a bachelor’s degree entering senior year or candidate for advanced degree. A degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, accounting, finance or business is preferred.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
- A motivated and cooperative attitude
- Must have attention-to-detail and excellent organizational skills
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have good time management skills
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills are required. Knowledge in relevant operations software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.