Associate (Clean Energy Finance)
The New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC), the country’s first local green bank, is a non-profit specialty financier of projects that save energy and reduce greenhouse gases. NYCEEC’s team is passionate about its mission to deliver financing solutions and advance markets for energy efficiency and clean energy in buildings.
NYCEEC is seeking a resourceful, conscientious Associate to join our team, providing support to NYCEEC’s programs and operations, and playing an important role in NYCEEC’s work of advancing the clean energy economy.
Reporting to NYCEEC Senior Staff and working closely with other members of the NYCEEC team, the Associate will play a significant role in NYCEEC’s work, including supporting our Business Development activities as well as financing programs where NYCEEC collaborates with federal, state or local government agencies.
The NYCEEC team works in a hybrid model, presently in the office two days per week and remote the remainder. NYCEEC’s office is in midtown Manhattan. This is a full-time position.
- Provide administrative support in managing a pipeline of prospective clean energy building projects
- Working with senior Transaction Managers, provide support for NYCEEC’s clean energy financing projects
- Develop and produce briefing documents, and presentation materials to summarize and communicate findings and considerations to NYCEEC Senior Staff in support of existing and potential partnerships with a variety of stakeholders
- Develop and maintain project plans and documents, coordinating project elements, identifying potential obstacles, and working with NYCEEC team members to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Conduct research and provide analytical assistance including qualitative and quantitative data analysis/financial modeling to support NYCEEC’s work on existing and new projects
- Attend industry conferences and functions, solicit potential customers for new business opportunities
- Participate in drafting and editing grant/project proposals and grant reports
- Provide general support for NYCEEC’s operations and special projects as required
- An interest in NYCEEC’s mission and the transition to a clean energy economy
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of relevant professional work experience (e.g., business, public administration, public policy, accounting, finance, or related field). A minimum of one year of directly relevant experience at a bank, investment fund or other financial institution is a plus.
- Superior attention to detail; proven ability to effectively interpret and synthesize a variety of inputs from different stakeholders into compelling written materials
- Data analysis / financial modeling skills are a plus, as is experience with Salesforce or other customer/constituent relationship management (CRM) platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat
Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional judgment; discretion when handling sensitive or confidential matters
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and execute tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Effective research skills
- Interest in public policy and environmental sustainability
- Ability to thrive in an evolving environment, and to work independently as well as collaboratively, navigating a diversity of working styles and personalities
Please note that this position description contains a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for the position. It is not exhaustive and does not represent a contract for employment. NYCEEC reserves the right to modify the position description at any time.
Compensation and Benefits
The base salary range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000 per year. NYCEEC also offers a discretionary bonus based on annual organizational and individual performance. NYCEEC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 12 paid holidays
- Paid time off / paid sick leave (starting at up to four weeks each year with increases based on years of service)
- Medical insurance Platinum plan (80-90% of the premium paid by NYCEEC) and Dental (85-90% of the premium paid by NYCEEC)
- Vision and life insurance (100% of the premium paid by NYCEEC)
- 401(k) plan with NYCEEC matching employer contributions
- Pre-Tax Transit Benefit
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Qualified candidates may apply for this position here: https://nyceec.applytojob.com. Please tell us how you learned of this position, why you are interested in this position at NYCEEC, and what makes you a great candidate for this role.
Please submit your application by April 17, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we recommend applying early. Please be patient as our staff reviews your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, recruiters, or search firms, please.
Note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at NYCEEC, absent approval of a documented medical or religious exemption.
New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will work to ensure that our staff and board reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, and give members of our own organization and groups that we serve opportunities to have their voices heard. We will strive to collaborate with the stakeholder groups where we do business.