Business Coordination Staff
Business Coordination Staff – Tariff, Claims, EDI
(Based in Jersey City, NJ)
Position Description – The position is located at Evergreen Shipping Agency (America) Corporation’s corporate headquarters in Jersey City, NJ.
Job responsibilities may include:
- FMC tariff rules, rates, service contract filing
- Oversee Tariff retrieval system
- Enter Service Contract data into proprietary system
- Consult with internal customers regarding tariff rates and terms filing and retrieval questions
- Investigate nature of cargo damage/shortage/loss by electronic means
- Appoint surveyor to determine the cause and extent of cargo damage
- Review claims documents
- Negotiate and settle claims if Carrier is liable
- Study trading partners EDI requests
- Coordinate with key users to prepare applications
- Review testing data received, suggest corrections
- Troubleshoot any problems regarding EDI data
This is a union represented position and subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
Qualifications – Candidates applying for this position must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. The candidate must exhibit strong verbal communication skills, computer proficiency, and must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship. While no experience is necessary, knowledge of or an interest in international shipping and logistics is a plus.
Compensation/Benefits – The starting pay rate is $22/Hour.
Employees will become eligible for an excellent benefits package including:
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision care insurance with no monthly premiums
- Life insurance coverage up to 5x salary without premium costs,
- 401(k) plan with generous company match,
- Money Purchase Pension plan with 10% of salary company contribution
- Paid vacation/holiday/sick leave/personal time
Work Hours – Normal business hours: Mondays to Fridays from 8:00am to 5:00pm, with possible flexible work schedule as arranged.