KKR Internal Audit Internship
KKR is seeking to fill an internship for its Internal Audit Department based in the New York City office. We are open to students from any academic background (liberal arts, economics, finance, accounting, business) who have demonstrated commitment and tenacity by maintaining a strong GPA. The candidate must be energetic and dynamic, a highly motivated self-starter capable of working both independently and on a team, and a superior verbal and written communicator. The candidate should be completing their sophomore or junior year. The position is for a part-time position for the remainder of the Spring 2023 semester and full-time during Summer 2023, with the option of part-time going forward.
Responsibilities May Include:
· Conducting audit test work including meeting with stakeholders, taking meeting minutes, inspection/comparison of reports, and documenting conclusions/recommendations in a clear and concise manner
· Assisting the audit team in implementing new technology systems and assisting with internal reporting (time tracking, issue tracking, etc.)
· Testing the design and operating effectiveness over the firm’s quarterly and annual internal controls under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
Education and Experience Prerequisites / Key Qualifications
· Sophomore or junior pursuing their bachelor’s degree (students from all majors are welcome to apply).
· Availability to work part-time (15-20 hours per week) for the remainder of the Spring 2023 semester.
· Availability to work full-time (40+ hours per week) during Summer 2023.
· Ability to work on multiple work streams and manage time wisely.
· Must work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
· Motivated self-starter who works well individually and in teams.
· Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Able to provide professional skepticism with an inquisitive frame of mind.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
KKR is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. KKR is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.