IDG Spring Internship
International Development Group LLC (IDG) assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction that makes a real and measurable impact for communities and countries around the globe. We achieve these goals through capacity building of individuals and institutions in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors, fostering synergies between local knowledge and international experience.
International Development Group LLC (IDG) is seeking highly motivated students as full and/or part time interns to join our dynamic Internship Program. This internship will take place April 2023-August 2023. This is a paid internship. The successful candidate must be able to commit to at least 24-30 hours per week. IDG’s internship program is open to currently enrolled students in undergraduate and graduate programs. Individuals who have already graduated are also eligible. Based in IDG's home office in Arlington, VA, our Internship Program offers opportunities to work alongside an energetic group of professionals on projects designed to gain hands-on experience in the rewarding and challenging profession of international development. Interns will have the opportunity to prepare and submit a research project which they will present before the conclusion of the program.
· Provide support for new business development such as recruitment, proposal development, etc.
· Assist with program logistics, including arrangements for airfare and hotel, visas, meeting schedules, and briefing books for traveling IDG staff and consultants.
· Coordinate proposal efforts, including proposal production.
· Assist in organizing document archives of IDG programs on SharePoint.
· Conduct research for bids and capture planning.
· Provide support for ongoing international development projects, including in sub-Saharan Africa, Eastern Europe, South Asia, and Latin America.
· Perform other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
· Applicants in the process of obtaining either a Bachelor’s or Master's degree will be considered; applicants studying a field relevant to international development is a plus.
· A minimum of 1 relevant internship experience is highly preferred.
· High degree of organization, attention to detail, and skill at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
· Ability to work as a part of a team.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required with strong demonstrated skills in MS Word formatting preferred.
· Strong communications, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills; and excellent report writing abilities required.
· Professional proficiency in other languages preferred.