Real Estate Analyst
Real Estate Analyst Overview: Conduct detailed commercial real estate market and competitive position research, financial and statistical analyses and report preparation and assembly to support business operations and achieve expected returns on investments.
With at least one but typically less than three years of relevant, full-time analyst experience, support acquisition, development, and operations, including financing and disposition due diligence and closing requirements to assess the current and projected performance of properties in support of National’s Investment and Portfolio & Asset Management departments
- Conduct detailed commercial real estate market and competitive position research, financial and statistical analyses and report preparation and assembly to support business operations.
- Prepare due diligence records, including final pro forma, property valuation files, and third-party reports for record retention.
- Provide analytical support for acquisition, financing, restructuring, hold/sell scenarios, and dispositions.
- Perform a variety of financial modeling techniques to implement plans and budgets consistent with National’s development, acquisition, financing, leasing, operating, and disposition strategies. Prepare ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Use MS Excel-based financial models in support of evaluating and underwriting prospective equity and debt investments.
- Assist asset managers in analyzing, monitoring, and managing specific investments from closing through the final investment disposition process, including construction draw processing and reporting requirements.
- Prepare financial analysis/modeling at the portfolio level, including preparing the necessary documents/reports for review by senior associates in Portfolio & Asset Management, Performance Reporting and Investor Relations groups.
- Develop analytical tools as requested, including refining reports from researched material and/or data collected to evaluate and report on the primary characteristics of its portfolios under management.
- Periodic overnight travel is required on an as needed project-specific basis.
- Uphold meticulous recordkeeping practices.
- Incorporate environmental, social and governance dimensions in daily business activities and decision-making.