Mentor Recruitment Fellow iMentor
Mentor Recruitment Fellow
Location: 199 Water St 8th floor,
New York, NY 10038
Dates: May 30th-August 18th, 2023
Compensation: $900/week stipend
Deadline: April 23rd, 2023
Due to COVID-19, as a fellow you will work in-person, with some work from home available. All team members who choose to work in-person must be vaccinated and wear face masks in indoor spaces.
iMentor requires the fellow to be fully vaccinated for COVID to be on site.
FLIA and iMentor may move the fellowship entirely remote if there is a spike in cases.
Future Leaders in Action Overview:
Future Leaders in Action (FLIA) cultivates leaders and strengthens youth-oriented nonprofits through a fellowship program. Fellows, individuals interested in entering the social sector, work on-site full-time at a partner nonprofit to develop or implement a pre-determined enrichment program.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows gain various professional skills including time-management, communication, program development, in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment.
iMentor builds mentoring relationships that empower first-generation students to graduate high school, succeed in college and career, and achieve their ambitions. iMentor provides 1:1 mentoring to students in Title 1 high schools in NYC. Relationships are supported for 11th and 12th grade and 2 years in the post secondary space. The program is hybrid with once a week emails and 6-8 in person meetings per year.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside a small team to support recruitment activities during iMentor’s busiest time of the year, helping to recruit 1,500 new mentors
- This includes virtual orientations, info sessions and panels, as well as, in person tabling and networking events.
- Assist with data and operations functions that support recruitment activities
- Working with the recruitment operation staff on a redesign of the mentor newsletter.
- Actively participate in weekly FLIA professional development responsibilities including check-in calls and virtual weekly leadership workshops
- Help to build capacity during the busiest time of the year for the iMentor team.
- Attend virtual leadership training retreat and in-person gatherings with local fellows
By the end of the fellowship, you will have…
- Supported with pre-planning and day of coordination of several in-person recruitment events
- Supported with other recruitment activities, as needed
- Written one blog article for FLIA
- Completed a final report and video about the fellowship
- Ability to work in-person
- Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved youth and marginalized communities
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and in a team
Future Leaders in Action is an equal employment opportunity employer, and women, people of color, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities, and people with unique lived experience or diverse professional or personal backgrounds and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
FLIA may host in-person covenings for fellows. For in-person gatherings, full vaccination or waiver will be required and masks whenever appropriate.