Talent Acquisition Internship
Mission University, Talent Acquisition: Paid Student Internship Program
Through relational sourcing methods, the student intern uses global databases and CRM technology to:
1) recruit other students and working professionals wanting to serve as a volunteer/intern on an international study abroad/mission trip,
2) career and support and planning to applicants,
3) assist students in the completion of applications through online seminars and workshops;
4) work with and learn from Mission University and other global nonprofits and NGOs, using various HR and recruiting systems technologies
5) potentially serve on a future trip with other students at a discounted rate (optional, not required for this internship)
Visit our website to learn more: https://www.missionuniv.org
REPORTING AND EVALUATION: This position will report to the Chief Academic Officer and performance review will be conducted virtually (using teleconference sessions) following each recruitment cycle (3 times annually).
STRUCTURE AND PAY: Students are consultant interns and have the option to be part-time during the school year (~10 to 20 hours per week), then convert to a full-time internship for Summer 2023 if desired. Fully remote, flexible hours, minimum hours and salary are paid in accordance with state and federal employment policy and the option for commission-eligibility
• Arrange phone, video, and in-person interviews by coordinating schedules, arranging travel when needed, and ensuring local teams are equipped to greet candidates.
• Manage job postings across various platforms (Global careers page, LinkedIn, Handshake, etc.)
• Track, maintain and report key metrics on candidates and requisitions through the CRM.
• Manage employee referrals for appropriate follow up by the Talent Acquisition team.
• Research new ways to market the company’s opportunities to prospective candidates; assist in managing employer brand.
• Draft and revise company job descriptions as necessary.
• Assist with the onboarding process for new employees, including pre-employment communication, paperwork, and screening.
• Support the HR Operations team in data entry in our HR Information System (HRIS) and other employee services projects.
• Support the CHRO and HR Business Partners on special projects.
• Assist in the administration for the Summer 2023 internship program.
• Create, review and update communications, document templates, intranet content and other posted resources for the HR team.
• Ensure HR files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and company policies and procedures.
• 0-1 years of experience (or desire to learn) recruiting, HR, business, or administration.
• Actively enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently with limited direction.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish credibility and respect with a broad range of business partners.
• Solid work ethic and problem-solving ability.
• Ability to handle confidential recruitment and personnel documents.
• Highly proficient with MS Office software. Prior experience with an ATS or HRIS a plus.
• Ability to commit 10 to 20 hours per week during the school year and 40 hours per week during the summer.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future employer sponsorship.
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION CORE COMPETENCIES (each weighted 10% in categories, below).
- Productive: Achieving excellence to goals with attention to detail.
- Proactive: Taking initiative and ownership.
- Analytical: Using critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Organized: Efficiently managing time and other resources.
- Communicative: Accurately expressing oneself verbally and in writing.
- Supportive: Being approachable, respectful, and team-oriented.
- Teachable: Embracing continuous improvement.
- Confidential: Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Compliant: Respecting regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Computer proficient: Adept at using computers.
Your resume will be reviewed by a member of our Recruiting team and we’ll reach out to you directly if there’s a fit. We’re using video conferencing software to conduct our interviews, but all interviews will be live with a member of our Recruiting or Hiring teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Mission University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.