Senior Associate Banker
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Senior Associate Banker
Reports to: Senior Universal Banker
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: NE10 ($16.50 - $20.00 per hour)
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Provides above standard customer service. Accurately and efficiently completes customer transactions. Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational and security policies and procedures including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by their supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors:
- Assists customers with all cash and non- cash related transactions and services. This includes but is not limited to: check cashing, processing deposits, processing loan or credit card payments, answering balance inquiries or other account questions, admitting customers to their safe deposit box, etc.
- Will be responsible for the cash vault and each till that is used.
- Completes required reports such as the unrecovered difference report, open/close log report, etc., and will maintain records and logs for audit purposes.
- Processes the night drop and balances the Automated Teller Machines on a daily basis.
- Balances the vault and individual till every day; provides assistance to locate differences; and ensures that all differences are properly initialed and, if required, reported to the Senior Universal Banker, Branch Administration and Audit Department immediately.
- Ensures that the appearance of the counter areas are neat, organized, and in accordance with bank policy.
- Ensures all negotiable and confidential records are properly secured each day.
- Conducts regular unannounced audits of the vault and tills, maintaining a record of each audit, and report any exceptions to the Senior Universal Banker, Branch Administration and Audit Department immediately.
- Cross-sells the Bank’s products and services to promote branch growth.
- Continues to building proficiency of banking principles and sales techniques by attending internal training, external training, and completion of continuing education courses.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well in small groups.
- Previous banking experience.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Work hours are scheduled around the following branch hours*:
Monday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 3:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 1:00pm
Employees will be scheduled to arrive half an hour prior to the opening of the branch and work fifteen to thirty minutes following the closing of the branch.
*Hours may vary by branch.
Occasionally upon request.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 10 to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have dexterity to handle money.
- Must use hands to operate office machines.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
• Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
• Treatment during employment
• Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
• Selection for training, including apprenticeship
• Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.