Part Time Teller - Florida
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Teller
Reports to: Branch Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary Grade: NE07
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Provides above standard customer service. Accurately and efficiently completes customer transactions. Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational and security policies and procedures including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors.
- Accepts deposits, verifying cash and endorsements and issue receipts.
- Cashes checks.
- Cross-sells the Bank’s products and services.
- Process credit card payments.
- Issues money orders and bank checks.
- Accepts loan payments.
- Process night deposit bags.
- Admits customers to safe deposit boxes.
- Answers customer inquiries and provides balances.
- Balances transactions at end of the day and verifies cash totals.
- Balances Automated Teller Machines.
- Maintains reports and logs for record retention.
- Continues to building proficiency of banking principles and sales techniques by attending internal training, external training, and completion of continuing education courses.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well in small groups.
- Previous banking experience.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a part-time position. Work hours* are as follows:
Monday 11:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Wednesday 11:30am - 5:00pm
Thursday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Friday 12:30pm - 6:00pm
Saturday 8:30am - 12:00 pm
*Hours may vary by branch.
Occasionally upon request.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 10 to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have dexterity to handle money.
- Must use hands to operate office machines.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion.
Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment.
Treatment during employment.
Rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Selection for training, including apprenticeship.
Layoff or termination.
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.