To Apply and Read more about Auditor (Forensic) at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/714252500
This position is located under the Office of Science & Technology, Financial Investigative Services Division in Atlanta, Georgia, Columbus, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Nashville, Tennessee, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Tampa, Florida.
The Financial Investigative Services Division's mission is to continually build and maintain a team of forensic audit professionals to expertly apply the latest technical and scientific audit methods to financial investigations and a broad range of programs, in order to help reduce violent crime, protect the public, and enforce U.S. Department of Justice asset seizure and forfeiture authority.
If selected for this position, the incumbent will have responsibilities for performing forensic accounting and audit activities in criminal and industry operations financial investigations, inspections, as well as other related activities. Typical work assignments include:
As a Auditor (Forensic), GS-0511-12, your typical work assignments may include:
- Provides forensic financial investigative services to Federal, State and local law enforcement officials, as well as, to members of associated industries.
- Participates as a member of the investigative team during criminal and regulatory investigations and inspections relating to all crimes within ATF jurisdiction.
- Plans and conducts forensic financial investigations of persons or entities suspected of being involved in criminal schemes.
- Participates with special agents in the preparation and serving of subpoenas and search warrants to obtain financial information and data stored or warehoused through electronic means or computer devices including but not limited to, computer applications.
- Conducts assigned forensic audits in criminal investigations.