Project Finance Summer Associate
Founded in 2009, Rabobank Project Finance Americas is a leading player in the North American renewable energy project finance space. The group offers tailor-made, innovative financing solutions in the wind, solar, battery storage, energy efficiency, biofuels, and food & agriculture sectors. Typical products include: senior secured construction and term loans, tax equity bridge loans, equity bridge loans, project finance revolvers, letter of credit facilities, and interest rate hedges. The group manages a portfolio of USD 2.8+ billion in commitments across the Americas.
Our Shared Future
You and Your Job:
Assist team members in generating, structuring, executing, and monitoring renewable energy financing transactions.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Construct financial models for renewable energy projects and other project finance transactions.
- Review project documents, including Power Purchase Agreements, Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Agreements, and Operations and Maintenance Agreements.
- Review financing agreements.
- Review consultant reports.
- Draft internal transaction documents.
- Maintain and monitor a portfolio of loans based on risk analysis, including expansions, refinancing, restructurings, exits, and others as needed.
- Identify and develop new products to adapt and cross-sell for changing markets in collaboration with the credit team, clients, and other lenders.
Your Promise to Us
To be considered for the Project Finance Associate, you must have:
- Strong interest in the renewable energy sector.
- At least one year of work experience that involves financial modelling.
- Basic knowledge in project finance and key risk factors in project finance transactions.
- Previous experiences in investment banking, investment research, or renewable energy project development is preferred.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate-level program.
- Cover Letter: please explain why you are interested in the renewable energy sector, and include any relevant experience or coursework in project finance/renewable energy
- Resume (one-page only)
Our Commitment to You
Rabobank embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to always create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectation so four clients and customers.
Rabobank’s internship program is designed to provide a mutually beneficial relationship and growth opportunity for Rabobank and collegiate students. This experiential learning opportunity provides practical application and skills development in a professional environment and is aligned with Rabobank’s commitment to recruit top talent in the communities we serve. While employed as a summer intern, students will have the opportunity to prove their ability to learn and demonstrate key skills that will make them successful at Rabobank. To aid in this endeavor, students will be matched with a mentor and provided the necessary professional development opportunities to achieve their goals. The internship will be a full time, 10 week, paid program.
Serving clients in Mexico, the U.S. and Canada, Rabobank Wholesale Banking North America is a premier corporate and investment bank to the food, agribusiness, commodities and renewable energy industries, providing sector expertise, strategic advisory and tailored financial solutions to our clients. We thrive on building long-term relationships with clients and stakeholders in the fastest-growing food and agribusiness region of the world. See, https://www.rabobankwholesalebankingna.com/.
Target Hiring Range: $75.60/hour
This position is subject to the terms of [RAF/Rabobank/RDS]’s compensation plans and policies. It is anticipated that the position will pay within the target hiring range. The range is reflective of the desired primary physical work location and may be adjusted outside of the projected range based on geographical differentiation if the actual work location of the hired candidate differs from the desired primary location, or for other lawful reasons. Further, all full-time regular position includes all other benefits provided to [RAF/Rabobank/RDS] employees, including healthcare benefits, 401k matching, vacation, sick leave, parental leave, possible discretionary bonuses and all other benefits that are all governed by and subject to ERISA plan documents and eligibility.
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
At Rabobank, we strive to grow a better world together. In order to achieve that, we have to have the right people in the right jobs. Are you ready to join our team?