Education Facilities Planner | K-12 Market | PM & BD Exp. | PA
Educational Facilities Planner/Sr. PM K-12 Market
SN is assisting our friends at SCHRADERGROUP (SG) to find an Educational Facilities Planner / Senior Project Manager to join their team in Philly office location. The position calls for a self-motivated and flexible team leader to work with Senior Leadership to provide Educational Facilities Planning, Project Management and Client Relations for the firm.
Individual will be a team player capable of working with Senior Leadership to promote the SCHRADERGROUP values, must possess a strong attention to detail, be able to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, must be prepared to travel locally and possibly regionally, must be able to work with deadlines and time constraints, and must be able to schedule workload to meet deadlines. The candidate must also exhibit excellent writing skills and have significant knowledge in K-12 Educational Facility Planning.
- Demonstration of educational programming, sound planning and design of learner-centered school environments.
- An understanding and/or demonstrated experience in preparing educational facility studies specific to analyzing enrollment projections and building capacities as a baseline to develop building planning options.
- Plan and participate in interactive community workshops as part of the educational pre-design and design process.
- Schedule, plan and participate in student-centered workshops and career sessions to promote student interests in the fields of architecture and educational planning.
- Draw on team members of the firm to assemble information needed for a specific task.
- Demonstration of a wide range of experience in the design and construction of public bid facilities.
- Able to function in multiple roles and has a strong willingness and desire to be involved in all aspects of project design and construction.
- Client and consultant interaction is a key component for the successful candidate.
- Day-to-day duties will touch on nearly every aspect of design office operations: project management, document production, staff oversight, business development, constant client interaction, and contract administration. You must be knowledgeable, versatile, and willing to participate in the long-term growth, development and success of SCHRADERGROUP.
- Work closely with the Business Development team (including Marketing Coordinator and Graphic Designer) to assist in the preparation of Request for Proposals (RFPs) for the educational market.
- Work closely with the marketing department in the writing and preparation of educational publications including award submissions, conference session submissions and articles to promote the design of SG educational facilities.
- Participate in annual educational conferences to continue to strengthen strategic partnerships through active networking, advocacy, and effective communication of SCHRADERGROUP’s competencies in project design, delivery, and management.
- Participate in annual educational planning conferences to keep abreast of and incorporate best practices, approaches, and technology for educational facility planning to further personal growth and to continue to provide innovative learning environments for our clients.
- An interest in working with Senior Leadership to further SCHRADERGROUP’s growth
- Ability to lead and to work as part of a team to accomplish goals and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and respectfully both verbally and in writing.
- Client-focused attitude
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent skills in proof reading, editing, and writing
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and responsiveness, with excellent time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines and shift priorities when needed
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, planning and skills
- Ability to adapt to new and/or unplanned situations to meet the dynamic needs of the firm
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or education required
- Credentials from K-12 organizations is preferred
- Applicant should be a licensed professional with a minimum of 10 years demonstrated experience for a professional services firm (architectural design firm preferred) or an educational institution to have a basis of understanding of educational facility planning and design.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a team
- Knowledge of/experience in architecture/engineering or related industry and the RFP and RFQ process is a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of modern production software (Microsoft Word, Excel, BlueBeam, etc.).
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be available to travel. While most of our work is regional, occasional overnight travel may be required.
SG offers a competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with your level of knowledge and experience including vacation/sick/personal paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, 401k, and bonus structure.
SCHRADERGROUP architecture LLC is a full-service firm offering architectural, planning, programming, interior design, and structural engineering design services for a variety of project types, with specific expertise in the areas of academic and public safety facility design.
Founded in 2004 and providing services from offices in Philadelphia, Lancaster, Pittsburgh, Raleigh and Baltimore, SG is recognized both regionally and nationally for design that offers the highest degree of service to the user, responds to and respects both the built and natural environment and demonstrates inspired aesthetics.
SCHRADERGROUP. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of this company to assure that all applicants considered for employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color or national origin, such consideration shall include: employment upgrading, demotion or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.