Alloy is where you belong!
Alloy solves the identity risk problem for companies that offer financial products by enabling them to outpace fraud and confidently serve more people around the world. Banks and fintechs turn to Alloy to take control of fraud, credit, and compliance risk, and grow with the clearest picture of their customers.
Through our values: Be Bold, Get Scrappy, Collaborate, and Celebrate Our Differences, we are creating a workplace where you can grow, thrive, and belong. See how we’ve been continuously recognized and named one of Inc.Magazine’s Best Workplaces, Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers, and Best Fintech to Work for by American Banker, year after year. Check out our investors and read more about us here.
Why we’re hiring
Alloy operates in a hybrid work environment. We look to foster collaboration and community by having our local employees onsite twice a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) at our NYC HQ.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Accounting. We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience.
Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to be a pivotal part of significantly improving our accounts receivable balance and cash position. This will involve preparing and analyzing financial data, preparing customer statements, contacting customers via email and phone, preparing journal entries and obtaining an intimate knowledge of our billing and accounting software, as well as assisting with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
What you'll be doing
- Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties
- Assisting with the build and implementation of a new collections process
- Actively contacting customers to increase of accounts receivable collections and ensuring cash received is accurately recorded
- Preparing financial reports such as cash reconciliations and accounts receivable aging to provide regular updates on the status of the work to Management and Executives
- Working with the billing and accounting software
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company and customers
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations
Who we're looking for
- Must be actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master's in Accounting from an accredited institution local to NYC
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles
- Experience with Excel and Google Sheets
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Aptitude for math and proficiency with computers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible
At Alloy, we strive to attract and retain talent with a total rewards program that is competitive with other organizations of our size and stage. We actively share our philosophy with employees, with the goal of fostering openness and clarity. Finally, we work to administer our philosophy and drive consistency in order to promote equity and monitor the fairness of outcomes.
The following range is based on the scoped level within the organization and only for highly targeted geographies: $30/hr (NYC/SF)
Alloy’s Covid-19 Company Statement
Alloy does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which the company will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on-site for events, travel, and/or work in our New York City offices, those actions will be subject to any relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
At this time, Alloy is currently following compliance regulations with New York City’s Private Sector Mandate and is offering religious and medical accommodations for all eligible employees and visitors
How to Apply
Apply right here! You've found the application!
Alloy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We are committed to an inclusive interview experience and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with visible and invisible disabilities. We encourage applicants to share needed accommodations with their recruiter.