Project Manager - Engineering Construction - Pharmaceutical
The ideal candidate is a degreed engineer, will have 5+ years’ experience in supporting every aspect of the assigned capital and facilities projects design and construction. Manage capital and facilities projects that vary in size, scope and complexity with costs ranging from $1M to $30M. Projects may include building renovations (labs, manufacturing, office, and support spaces), and site utilities/infrastructure upgrades from concept thru turn-over package. Familiarity with working in a pharmaceutical or related industry environment is required.
Experience with facilities construction projects and managing construction firms.
Experience working with and managing architect engineering firms.
Experience managing cashflows, schedule, project databases.
Ability to maintain good customer relationships with business partners.
Interested candidates must be familiar with working in a bio-pharmaceutical or related industry cGMP environment, and hold a bachelor's degree in engineering, Architecture or Construction Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project management skills and proven experience in having assisted in managing capital and facilities projects with emphasis on pharmaceutical Laboratories and support spaces and site utilities projects.
- Understanding of financial management as it relates to capital and expense spending and project cash flow forecasting. Understanding of regulatory, environmental, GMP and OSHA regulations.
- Some experience in total project delivery (from concept to validation and startup process).
- Experience with project scheduling, planning, control and effective coordination of all the parallel activities related to each project and maintains project schedule through minimal unanticipated schedule challenges.
- Possesses broad knowledge of the functional requirements of pharmaceutical facilities and engineering best practices, while ensuring that appropriate internal and external resources are incorporated into the project design and execution.
- Achieves a cost-effective, functional outcome with the use of design guidelines and standards, value engineering, life cycle costing and engineering best practices.
- Assures that the construction project and the finished facility are compliant with all applicable safety, regulatory, legal requirements.
- Achieves effective financial control through management of project scope, estimating, effective use of SAP, RPM, SRM, budget control tools, risk management, and project closeout.
- Strong understanding of construction terminology and legal content of construction contracts and documents.
- Degreed engineers preferred (ME, ChemE, Electrical)
- Experience in managing pharma projects end-to-end (labs, cGMP, etc.). This project is $30MM-$40MM.
- End-to-end means from feasibility to turnover package and everything in between
- Managing budgets, getting internal approvals, managing RFI’s and schedules and a million other items that go along with these projects.
- experience with lean and off-site construction, BIM, and Last Planner/Touch Plan for scheduling, cold vaults.
- Demonstrated success leading multi-disciplinary and multi-functional teams and demonstrated strength in stakeholder management.
- Interpersonal / facilitation skills necessary to interface with project team.
- Project Management experience for design, construction, qualification, and start-up involving all areas of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Pilot Plants, and Research Facilities.
- Hands on experience in the negotiation and management of contracts and agreements with engineering contractors, vendors, regulatory and government agencies.
- Previous interactions with a variety of customers, such as manufacturing, Chem Development, EHS and maintenance.