Credit Ratings Intern
Credit Ratings Summer Intern
KBRA is seeking talented individuals to join our 10-week summer internship program, hosted from June 4 through August 8, 2024. This internship will provide you with the opportunity to gain firsthand experience at the market’s fastest growing credit rating agency and to learn valuable skills coveted in any corporate setting. This internship will be based out of our New York office. The application deadline is October 27, 2023.
As an intern, you will be assigned to support one of KBRA’s credit rating teams. Ratings teams include ABS, CMBS, RMBS, Structured Credit, Corporates, Funds, Public Finance, and Project Finance & Infrastructure. Visit kbra.com to learn more about each sector.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Developing spreadsheets and analytical materials to support the ratings process
- Assisting in surveillance and new issuance deal workflow
- Working on sample credit reports
- Testing analytical models
- Presenting mock transactions in committee style settings
- Supporting analysts in preparation of committees
- Inputting data for various projects
In addition to the work you will complete within your assigned department, there will be a capstone project to be presented to senior staff at the end of the internship. This project is meant to be an opportunity to apply existing skills and knowledge as well as what has been learned throughout the summer. There will also be opportunities to meet and interact with your fellow interns through Lunch and Learns, social events, and other enrichment workshops.
You excel in a growth-oriented, intellectual, and friendly environment. You have a natural analytical aptitude towards problem solving and do not mind rolling up your sleeves to get the work done.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Undergraduate concentration in finance, accounting, business, economics, or real estate
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong appetite for knowledge, especially in data and finance
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as work closely with partners in a collaborative environment
The hourly base pay for this intern position is $23 an hour for undergraduate students and $28 an hour for masters/post-graduate students.