Growth Intern at Juno (Paid)
Who we are
Juno is the first collective bargaining group for financial products. Since 2018, we've grown to over 130,000 members who have saved over $50M in interest and fees on nearly $1B of student loans.
We are backed by some of the country's top Venture Capital firms (NFX, GFC, Pear) as well as the founders of SoFi and Earnest. Learn more about us in TechCrunch or Yahoo Finance.
Juno's primary focus is on providing group discounts on financial products for domestic and international students attending undergraduate or graduate programs in the United States, and abroad.
We’re negotiating our latest deal for our members, and we’re looking for someone who can help us grow our negotiation group in the undergrad market and then deploy our deal once our negotiations are finished.
What you'll do
Boost Juno's presence with growth strategies, including reaching out to fellow students and explaining the benefits of our value offer.
Find growth opportunities through market research.
Build relationships with university admins, student groups, student organizations, and parents.
Support students on their money-saving journey.
Keep track and report back to management.
Wear many hats and adapt to various tasks in our small, dynamic team.
You're perfect if:
You're pursuing a Bachelor's degree.
You have great communication skills. You're resilient and not afraid of rejection.
You can work independently.
You have (some) level of expertise using spreadsheets, marketing tools, and social media.
If you're curious to learn more, read below:
How it Works:
- Collective bargaining: Juno pools thousands of students together, thereby creating a large group of borrowers. This large group enables Juno to negotiate better terms and interest rates on student loans with various lenders.
- Partnering with lenders: Juno partners with multiple lenders to negotiate competitive rates and terms for its members. By doing so, they create a competitive environment, which encourages lenders to offer better deals to Juno's group of students.
- Membership: To participate in the loan negotiation process, students need to sign up for a free Juno membership. Members can access the negotiated rates and terms once the negotiation process is complete.
- Loan application: Students can then apply for loans through the lenders offering the negotiated rates. The lenders will evaluate the applicants based on their creditworthiness and other factors before approving the loans.
- Continuous support: Juno provides ongoing support to its members even after securing loans, offering guidance on loan repayment and other financial matters related to education.
By leveraging the power of collective bargaining, Juno aims to make education more affordable and accessible for students.
Why join? We're fixing an enormous problem (opaque and uncompetitive pricing of financial products) with an innovative yet simple solution. We use group buying power to get providers to compete with each other and offer the most affordable products to our members.