Project Management Co-Op
This is a practical learning experience for a business/project management Co-op student where they will see the inner workings of manufacturing sales projects in a highly technical business. The Project Management team will involve the co-op student in their daily duties and give them assignments such as preparing status reports on deliverables, maintain and update customer specific documents, updating and creating training materials, creating presentations, and updating procedure documentation. The co-op student will also have the opportunity to shadow other departments within Emerson to expand their knowledge and grow their skills.
**This position is a temporary 8-month co-op assignment from January 2024-August 2024. Only students currently attending college or university will be considered.*
AS A Product Management Co-op, YOU WILL:
- Assist Project Management team with support for projects in execution.
- Assist Project Management team with project timelines and tracking order milestone dates.
- Assist with creating customer specific status update reports on orders and all deliverables per customer requests.
- Assist with modifying, updating and submitting customer documents as requested or required.
- Assist with updating and creating specific training materials as requested by management.
- Assist Project Management team with creating PowerPoint presentations as requested.
- Assist Project Management team with internal procedure documentation and updates.
Required Skills - External
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Required Major(s): Business Administration; Business Management; Project Management
- GPA: 2.5
- Status: Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Possess ability to contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work self-directed on projects and tasks.
At Emerson’s Marshalltown location we offer GREAT benefits to our co-ops:
- Competitive salaries
- FULL Holiday pay
- Corporate apartment options
- Insurance options
- A formal co-op program focused on growing students’ experience in organizational knowledge and diversity, teamwork & leadership development, professional development, and corporate citizenship.
AND MUCH MORE!
Our Commitment to Our People
At Emerson, we are motivated by a spirit of collaboration that helps our diverse, multicultural teams across the world drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. And we want you to join us in our bold aspiration.
We have built an engaged community of inquisitive, dedicated people who thrive knowing they are welcomed, trusted, celebrated, and empowered to solve the world’s most complex problems — for our customers, our communities, and the planet. You’ll contribute to this vital work while further developing your skills through our award-winning employee development programs. We are a proud corporate citizen in every city where we operate and are committed to our people, our communities, and the world at large. We take this responsibility seriously and strive to make a positive impact through every endeavor.
At Emerson, you’ll see firsthand that our people are at the center of everything we do. So, let’s go. Let’s think differently. Learn, collaborate, and grow. Seek opportunity. Push boundaries. Be empowered to make things better. Speed up to break through. Let’s go, together.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1(including those with OPT or CPT) , H-1, H-2, L-1, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Accessibility Assistance or Accommodation
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: email@example.com.
Emerson is a global leader in automation technology and software. Through our deep domain expertise and legacy of flawless execution, Emerson helps customers in critical industries like life sciences, energy, power and renewables, chemical and advanced factory automation operate more sustainably while improving productivity, energy security and reliability.
With global operations and a comprehensive portfolio of software and technology, we are helping companies implement digital transformation to measurably improve their operations, conserve valuable resources and enhance their safety.
We offer equitable opportunities, celebrate diversity, and embrace challenges with confidence that, together, we can make an impact across a broad spectrum of countries and industries. Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or a recent graduate with an advanced degree, you’ll find your chance to make a difference with Emerson. Join our team – let’s go!
No calls or agencies please.