SNY Accounting Intern Spring Semester 2024
SNY is an Emmy Award winning, multiplatform regional sports network serving millions of homes throughout the New York Metropolitan area and across the country through unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UConn women’s basketball and all things New York sports.
The Accounting Intern will have the opportunity to work directly with the Staff Accountant and CFO to understand the purchasing and procurement cycle, as well as the employee expense reimbursement process and policies. They will have the opportunity to assist with the Accounts Receivable process as well. The Accounting Intern will work closely with the Staff Accountant to complete ad hoc projects on a daily and weekly basis, including vendor payment reconciliations, expense account analysis, and other tasks based on departmental needs.
Requirements and skills are as follows:
• Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment and coachable attitude
• Ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel and SAP
• Previous accounting experience & experience with Adobe desired
• Assist the Accounting Department with day-to-day workload
• Assist with Accounts Payable function including invoice processing and vendor management
• Assist with continuous tracking of Mets and/or UCONN Women’s Basketball costs depending on season of internship
• Able to commit at least three days per week (6 hours/day) in our HQ at 4 World Trade Center
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by SNY.
Submit with your application to be consider for this opportunity, Please share why you are interested in this position at SNY and how your experience and career ambitions match with the role in 250 words.
The hourly rate for student interns is $16.00.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.