US Analyst: Shipping
About Credit Agricole:
Credit Agricole CIB, the Corporate & Investment Banking Arm of the Credit Agricole group, specializes in the businesses of capital markets and investment and corporate banking.
Credit Agricole CIB in 1 Click
Credit Agricole CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Credit Agricole Group, the 10th largest banking group worldwide in terms of balance sheet size (The Banker, 2022). The Bank offers its clients a broad range of products and services in capital markets, investment banking, structured finance and corporate banking.
The CIB Arm of the Group
As the No. 1 retail bank in France, Credit Agricole is the leading financial partner of the French economy and one of the largest retail banks in Europe. Its ambition: to create a world-class European leader in banking and insurance, in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Global Compact.
US Associate/Analyst Program
The U.S. Associate/Analyst program offers an opportunity for recent college graduates interested in finance and investment banking to actively participate in this fast-paced and challenging industry. We provide our U.S. Associate/Analyst with the tools necessary for professional growth and career advancement. The U.S. Associate experience fosters the opportunity to connect with people who can help guide your career.
The U.S. Associate/Analyst position will be available for a maximum of 2 years. The goal of the U.S. Associate/Analyst program is to develop the ideal candidate for consideration to a potential full-time position at the end of the two years, if available.
The Associate task will be to work closely with the heads of the shipping finance and intermodal groups, and the respective relationship managers, on the follow-up and management of a portfolio of existing clients and prospects of ship-owners, and intermodal lessors, in the Americas.
You will liaise with several divisions, including but not limited to: middle office and agency, risk, compliance and Know Your Client, and Legal.
- Prepare marketing presentation and pitches.
- Prepare and update KYC checks
- Participate in the structuring of new transactions, including the preparation of cash flow models.
- Prepare credit packages for presentation to credit committee, including rating analysis and relevant bank system inputs.
- Participate in the documentation process of the loan transactions in coordination with the NY Ship Finance and Intermodal Teams, and specialist lawyers until successful closing.
- Transaction management work in relation to the existing portfolio of transactions, including covenant monitoring, reporting and relationships with other lenders.
- Recent college graduate
- You will not require Visa Sponsorship now or in the future
- Internship experience in finance (specifically in Shipping)
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player that takes initiative on projects