Operations Management Trainee
The Management in Training - Operations (MIT) Program is an entry-level, hands-on training program based in our distribution warehouse. It is a great for individuals seeking an introductory role that will lead to a long-term career in operations management.
You will receive 6-months of guidance, support and resources to learn about the swimming pool supply, irrigation and landscape distribution industry. Upon completion of the program, program graduates are eligible to apply for Operations Supervisor or Operations Manager roles that are available nationwide. Willingness to relocate at the end of training is a requirement (at company expense).
*This position is located throughout the United States and Canada.*
Where you belong!
You’ll find plenty of excellent advancement and training opportunities to support your career growth. Our family-oriented, hometown culture is supported by a stable, large corporate enterprise – giving you the best of all worlds.
If you have an eye for quality, passion for efficiency improvement and want to ditch the desk job then we want to speak with you. Join the POOLCORP team, where outdoor living comes to life!
What You Will Do:
- Receive hands-on training and perform duties in every area of the day-to-day operations of a distribution center including Operations, Management, and Purchasing.
- Shadow contractors/builders, service/maintenance, and retail store customers to learn their aspect of the swimming pool, irrigation and landscaping business.
- Participate in classroom training sessions (lecture, role play and computer lab) at the state-of-the-art EDGEucation Center in Plano, Texas. Topics to include operations, financials, leadership, human capital management and operating systems.
- Give comprehensive presentation to senior level management for completion of the Operations MIT program at the end of the 6- month program.
- Other job duties and special operations projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or Associate’s degree in Industrial Distribution, Supply Chain Management, Management, Operations or other related discipline with a minimum of 2.5 GPA.
- Work experience in a leadership and/or problem-solving role. Distribution industry experience a plus.
- Desire and ability to work in a distribution warehouse environment.
- Results driven, self-starter with the ability to lead and develop a team with rapidly changing priorities. Strong leadership skills are a must!
- Possess and demonstrate a motivated, passionate, customer service driven attitude.
- Willingness and ability to relocate during and after the program (at company expense) for career development opportunities.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Ability to maneuver heavy machinery, such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc. and lift products up to 75 pounds.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with ability to learn inventory system and additional software.
- In lieu of work experience will consider involvement in distribution or supply chain internships, organizations/clubs, volunteer work/community service, athletics or military leadership.
Learn more about the position by visiting www.poolcorp.com/mit.
At POOLCORP, we are committed to our employees’ success. Our comprehensive benefits program offers the flexibility of benefits that meet the needs of our employees and their families. Some of these benefits include medical, dental and vision care, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, flexible spending and health savings accounts, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, and employee assistance and education reimbursement programs. These benefits can help build a foundation for the future while helping employees live a healthy lifestyle.
The compensation range for this position in NV, NY, WA, CA, CO, NJ, RI, HI, and CT is $50000 per year based on a full-time schedule. The actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications and experience. Additionally, this position may be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commissions plans as well as relocation or cost of living adjustments. The application window for this position is expected to close after 30 days of posting, but will remain open until filled.
Your total compensation (pay, benefits, and bonuses) will be adjusted based upon your job classification, hours worked, and length of employment. Please note that benefits are subject to change. For more information about compensation and benefits, visit https://www.poolcorp.com/careers/compensation-benefits/
POOLCORP is a drug-free company.
POOLCORP is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. The Company understands, respects, and values diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while striving to be inclusive of all people. This commitment is critical to our success as a global company as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Hiring and promotional decisions are based solely on the qualifications required for the job to be filled.
This position is considered “safety-sensitive” and includes tasks or duties which could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the tasks or others.