Business Development Spring 2024 Internship
Application deadline: October 16, 2023
BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in issue advocacy, workers’ rights, corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, lifestyle and technology communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2023; 2021), PR News’ Digital Firm of the Year (2023) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group and Inkhouse, further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP
BerlinRosen is seeking highly motivated individuals who are interested in getting hands-on experience in growth strategies and business analysis. We're proud to offer an internship program that offers the skills and experiences to be successful. In 2022, 22% of our BR interns continued with us in full-time roles!
The Growth team is responsible for supporting firm-wide business strategy, producing internal research and external products like proposals and capability documents and guiding the firm’s marketing efforts. Please note, this is not a finance or sales role!
Our interns will be integrated into a dynamic business development and marketing team that drives projects across the full firm, from progressive advocacy campaigns to real estate development to tech to hospitality and more.
Role duration: Our Spring 2024 Internship Program runs from early January to late April/early May.
Role hours: Interns must be able to work 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, on a 9 a.m.-to-5 p.m. Eastern Time schedule. Please do not apply if you cannot meet this requirement.
Note: We are currently unable to accommodate class schedules that fall between 9 a.m.-to-5 p.m. Eastern Time.
Role location: This role can be based in either our New York, N.Y. or Washington, D.C. offices on a hybrid basis, in office approximately 2-3 days per week.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an intern on the Growth team, you will…
- Learn the basics of business development and high-level marketing strategies for a communications firm
- Conduct background research, media analyses and social media assessments of potential clients
- Regularly update and review the Business Development pipeline and the firm’s proposal resources and indexes
- Support Growth team members in driving and managing the business development process with proposal and presentation materials
- Coordinate proposal reviews and finalization
- Assist with a variety of Growth- and team-related assignments and tasks as necessary
- Must be a rising college senior (or junior), postgraduate student or non-student
- Self-motivation, good organizational skills, detail-orientation, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing abilities with the ability to write clear and persuasive copy, quickly
- Capability to work with a team to meet group objectives
- Able to communicate in a professional manner with prospective clients and firm leadership
- Ability to incorporate constructive feedback and develop your skills
- Demonstrated interest in news, politics and current events
- Excellent computer skills including Google Suite products, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong research and writing skills
- Formatting experience, particularly in Google Suite (Docs and Slides) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Word)
- Research and database skills and a strong appetite for media are a plus
Salary: The compensation for this role is $18 per hour.
- 3 PTO (paid time off) days
- 3 paid wellness days
- Wellness days are to ensure interns have adequate time to take care of their mental, emotional, and physical health while PTO days are used for personal activities, such as a vacation.
- Paid bank holidays
- Access to professional development programs geared specifically toward interns and individuals just beginning their careers
Application deadline: While we accept applications on a rolling basis, the deadline to apply is October 9, 2023.
Have any other questions? Check out our FAQ document for more information!
*Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot reply to all submissions. We will contact applicants directly with requests for interviews. Please do not email or call to check on the status of your application.
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Glen Echo Group, Derris, M18 and Inkhouse.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.