2024 Global Capital Markets Rotational Analyst Program
2024 Global Capital Markets Rotational Program
August 2024, Full-Time
New York City, United States
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services.
This is a place where you’ll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Who We Are?
Position Highlights: Impact is an Analyst-in-Training Program that is a stepping-stone to becoming an Analyst in one of our Capital Markets’ main business areas: Capital Markets Group (Derivatives, Debt Capital Markets, Structured Products), Fixed Income, Foreign Currencies and Commodities, Global Equity Finance and Equity Sales & Trading.
For individuals who are passionate about the capital markets, this program is designed to develop technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills in the sales, trading and structuring functions. The program consists of three components:
Classroom: The Capital Ideas Program is designed to orient participants to our culture, people, products and services and to provide the soft and technical skills, and contacts critical for success. From day one, Analysts/Associates work with their peers from around the world to expand their global network. Team projects, individual study and social activities supplement classroom discussions.
Rotation: Analysts/Associates begin their 12-month program gaining a solid understanding of credit and trade floor risk after which they begin a highly structured program moving through various trading and sales desks, gaining exposure to a wide variety of products and services.
International: Our business is global, so we think it’s important that new Analysts/Associates spend a segment of the hands-on rotation in New York, London or Asia. Through these assignments they gain an appreciation and understanding of the global nature of our business and client needs.
Feedback: We believe that ongoing feedback is a critical component to any learning process. Throughout the program Analysts/Associates are provided with ongoing feedback from their Mentor, the Program Manager, and a supervisor within each business.
Placement: Upon completion of your final rotation, you will be placed in one of the Capital Market business areas.
- Provide assistance to the Sales, Trading and Structuring staff on the trade floor in the execution of their day-to-day functions
- Work on research projects that may be required from time to time
- Prepare client presentations and daily market commentary
- Provide exceptional client support
- Keep abreast of market information, economic releases, trends and factors that affect market movement.
- An Undergraduate degree or relevant master’s degree completed between December 2023 and August 2024
- Are available to start full time work as of February 2024 or as of August 2024
- Proficiency with VBA and/or SQL required
- Intermediate proficiency with Python, Java, C++ is preferred
- A demonstrated interest and knowledge in the financial markets
- A proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- An independent thinker and decision-maker who is able to contribute effectively to the team's success
- Superior interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to meet the challenges presented by a stressful, constantly changing work environment.
Application & Selection Process:
- Candidates are invited to submit a resume to our online application. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, Scotiabank, will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit.
- Successful candidates will be allocated placements on one of GCM desks based on business needs, candidate skills and interest. Placements will be allocated once all successful candidates are hired.
- We thank all candidates; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.