2024 Corporate and Investment Banking Analyst, Infrastructure
2024 Corporate and Investment Banking Analyst
Infrastructure and Project Finance, Full-Time
New York City, United States
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas and an award-winning franchise in the Power and Infrastructure sector. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Analysts will have access to the Global Banking and Markets Learning Program – frequent interactive learning sessions led by our experienced professionals. Analysts will also have access to our Mentoring program where students will be teamed-up with a mentor who will serve as a guide for professional and personal development.
The objective of the experience is to identify exceptional candidates for full-time opportunities. We are committed to offering you extensive opportunities for training, hands-on experience and career advancement. Simply put, your future is our investment.
Is this role right for you?
Analysts are responsible for executing on a broad range of transactions as well as preparing client presentations and financial analysis. They work closely with the Associates and Associate Directors to support the Directors and Managing Directors in deals' origination and execution in the Power & Infrastructure sectors across US, Latin America and the Caribbean. Analysts contribute to the overall success of the team ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. In addition, analysts also ensure all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
What will my responsibilities look like?
- Participate in all aspects of the transaction process, including pitch phase, business analysis, financial modeling and analysis, due diligence, coordination between working groups, and execution for deals across US, Latin America and The Caribbean.
- Help the team on various aspects of debt financing origination, structuring, project finance, acquisition finance, syndication, and debt capital structure solutions.
- Build financial models based on existing internally developed templates, and review financial models developed internally or externally.
- Assist in the assessment of new opportunities by conducting industry specific research, performing individual company qualitative and quantitative analysis, and creating client proposal presentations and marketing materials.
- Aid in the due diligence process and preparation of Information Memorandum & other diligence documentation.
- Perform the group’s pipeline management, the development of business with prospective companies and the relationship management with existing client accounts
- Support the relevant local teams in the preparation of internal credit analysis and comply with internal processes in accordance with the Bank's internal policies and procedures.
- Assist senior team members in any internal initiative or requirement.
- Aid the relevant local teams in the marketing, origination, and execution of deals.
- Actively contribute to a high performance and inclusive work environment
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if:
- You are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree with intended graduation between December 2022 and August 2024 within Business, Finance, Science Technology, Engineering, Economics, or Math disciplines.
- You have a displayed interest within Corporate and Investment Banking through internships or extracurricular activity.
- Native or bilingual proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus, but not required.
- You have high professional standards including a strong sense of personal integrity.
- You have strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory.
- You thrive in an environment where you manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines while maintaining a high standard of work.
- You work effectively in a team environment and support other junior analysts.
- You pride yourself on having strong written communication, verbal, and attention to detail.
- Your command of Microsoft Suite is superb, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
How to apply:
You must apply via the Scotiabank’s Career Page and complete all steps outlined below to be considered for this position.
- Fill out an application by clicking the “Apply” button.
- Submit your resume and transcript as a single PDF when prompted.
- Successful applicants will be contacted for next steps, including a video interview.
We thank all candidates for taking the time to apply; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, Scotiabank, will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit.
As Canada’s Most International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.