2024 Investment Banking Healthcare Analyst
2024 Investment Banking Analyst
Sector Group: Healthcare
New York City, United States
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Is this role right for you?
The Analyst will work with senior bankers across a variety of different transaction types and advisory assignments: mergers & acquisitions (both buyside and sellside), public equity offerings, debt capital markets issuances and capital advisory projects. As one of the fastest growing and most dynamic groups within the Bank, the Analyst can expect to have numerous opportunities to demonstrate growth, initiative and intellect. With an increasing roster of highly experienced senior bankers, the healthcare team continues to innovate and drive additional topline revenue and net income for Scotiabank. If you are interested in a fast-paced, challenging but exciting environment, the healthcare banking team welcomes the opportunity to connect with you.
An analyst would be responsible for executing on a broad range of transactions. They are also responsible for preparing client presentations and financial modeling. You would work closely with the associates/associate directors to support senior leadership in client relationships in the industry sector. Contribute to the overall success of the team ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensure all activities conducted are following governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
What will my responsibilities look like?
Champion a client centric focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge to deliver solutions that Scotiabank can provide across its footprint and generate revenue. Relationship management and cross collaboration includes:
- Coordinating with the various product groups and industry team within GBM
- Developing and maintaining effective industry relationships with legal counsel, external parties, clients
The day-to-day responsibilities include the following:
- Evaluating and analyzing the financial needs of corporate clients
- Creating marketing materials and presentations
- Supporting transaction structuring and execution efforts, with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability over time
- Identifying and developing business opportunities with clients
- Performing comprehensive financial statement analysis and creating and maintaining models
- Collecting, consolidating, and interpreting company and industry data
- Financial and written analysis of companies and industries
- Applying product and capital markets knowledge to help clients achieve their financial objectives
- Actively contribute to a high performance and inclusive work environment
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if:
You have 0-2 years’ work experience in Investment Banking including internships
- Previous experience in healthcare is preferred, but not required
- You are pursuing a bachelors or master’s degree in business, Finance, Math, Engineering, Economics, Science or Technology
- You have strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting, and financial theory
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have excellent command of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel
- You have a high level of attention to detail
- You have high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts
- You can obtain and maintain required FINRA registration and licensing appropriate to your functions and responsibilities
How to apply:
You must apply via the Scotiabank career portal and complete all steps outlined below to be considered for this position.
- Fill out an application by clicking the “Apply” button.
- Submit your resume, cover letter and transcript as a single PDF when prompted.
- Successful applicants will be contacted for next steps, including a video interview.
We thank all candidates for taking the time to apply; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, Scotiabank, will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit.
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accessibility accommodations during the recruitment, selection, and/or onboarding processes, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs. We value the unique skills and experiences everyone brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Accommodations (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) at any stage of the recruitment life cycle will be provided upon request.