2024 Corporate Banking Analyst
2024 Corporate Banking Analyst, Full Time
New York City, United States
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Front Office Analysts have access to Capital Ideas, the Global Banking and Markets Learning Program, as well as frequent interactive learning sessions led by our experienced professionals. Analysts will also have access to our Mentorship program where students will be teamed-up with a mentor who will serve as a guide for professional and personal development.
We are committed to offering you extensive opportunities for training, hands-on experience, and career advancement. Simply put, your future is our investment.
Is this role right for you?
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) provides a full range of credit, risk management and investment banking products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include investment banking, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, debt products, derivatives, foreign currencies and commodities. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by Scotiabank.
Within our Corporate and Investment Banking division, analysts can pursue roles within execution or origination across sector groups including Consumer Industrial Retail, Chemicals, Financial Institutions Group, Healthcare, Real Estate Gaming and Leisure, Sponsors, and more! Analysts provide support to the Corporate Banking teams globally and develop the skillset to pursue careers in Corporate Banking.
What will my responsibilities look like?
- Perform analytics functions – financial statement analysis and risk assessment, with extremely high degree of attention to details and accuracy, in accordance with guidelines, policies and established procedures
- Demonstrate straightforward and succinct identification and analysis of key risks of existing or proposed clients and/or transactions
- Analyze, prepare, and process annual review or credit requests in accordance with Bank policies and guidelines
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency as appropriate to the situation
- Develop industry expertise for assigned industries
- Develop product knowledge and expertise
- Complete other tasks as assigned, i.e., research, assisting industries in special projects, etc.
- Demonstrate professional approach in interactions with key stakeholders. Promote cooperation and strong professional working relationships within the team, and with the Corporate Banking sector teams, GCM Banking, GBM Product Groups, and Global Risk Management.
- Demonstrate flexibility and be seen as a valuable team resource
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines, while maintaining high quality work
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if:
- You have an undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Business, Finance, Science, Technology, Engineering, Economics or Mathematics discipline or related fields to be completed between December 2023 and August 2024
- You have a demonstrated interest and knowledge of the financial markets
- You have a proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- You have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- You work seamlessly within MS Office Suite with expertise in Excel and PowerPoint
- You have a solid understanding of financial statements and accounting
- You are a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Financial Modelling skills are a plus
- Solid understanding of core credit products (loans, cash management, derivatives, FX, etc.) are a plus
How to apply:
You must apply via the Scotiabank career portal and complete all steps outlined below to be considered for this position. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, Scotiabank, will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit.
- Fill out an application by clicking the “Apply” button.
- Submit your resume and transcript as a single PDF when prompted.
- Successful applicants will be contacted for next steps, including a video interview.
- We thank all candidates for taking the time to apply; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As Canada’s Most International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences everyone brings to the bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.