Senior Project Manager
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: Creating a vibrant, inclusive, and globally competitive economy for all New Yorkers.
Position Overview: The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and surveillance of a 100-project portfolio of NYCIDA, Build NYC and NYCEDC agreements. The Project Manager will also maintain subject matter expertise in one or more area(s) as decided by the department senior management to train and provide guidance in these areas, communicate with Senior Management, work autonomously when necessary, and manage projects and tasks to completion. In addition, the Project Manager updates, validates, and creates department spreadsheets and databases, manages interns, and helps manage the collection and verification of data, as well as assemble and finalize some of the organization's annual reports to government oversight authorities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of NYCIDA, Build NYC, and other NYCEDC agreements
- Maintain and update various data in the departmental database and spreadsheets
- Read and interpret transaction documents to determine project requirements
- Obtain and analyze required reporting documents to verify client compliance with various project requirements including employment thresholds, benefit caps, construction completion, insurance, subtenant, and fee requirements
- Develop and implement improved departmental best practices with input from departmental management
- Draft and send correspondence to clients to explain compliance requirements, meet with clients to explain requirements, attend project pre-closing meetings
- Maintain files and draft correspondence/memos documenting client compliance, defaults, and corrective actions
- Perform site visits for clients that are delinquent and/or to verify construction commencement and completion
- Present to the Board of Directors and/or various internal committees
- Aid in the collection, data verification, and compilation of the statutorily required disclosure reports to local and state oversight authorities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of office environment experience
- Team player and self-starter with excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to coordinate, organize and prioritize various demands or multiple assignments
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, review, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and written, throughout the organization, with all levels of management
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including conducting presentations
- Ability to travel as needed (across the five broughs of New York City)
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire
- Master’s degree in business, economics, finance/commercial mortgage loans, law, real estate, public policy, or related field
- Tax, audit, legal, or financial experience, experience or familiarity with tax policy, finance and/or real estate
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Valid driver’s license
About Us: New York City Economic Development Corporation is a mission-driven, nonprofit organization that works for a vibrant, inclusive, and globally competitive economy for all New Yorkers. We take a comprehensive approach, through four main strategies: strengthen confidence in NYC as a great place to do business; grow innovative sectors, with a focus on equity; build neighborhoods as places to live, learn, work, and play; and deliver sustainable infrastructure for communities and the city’s future economy.
NYCEDC is committed to offering competitive benefits to support employee health, happiness, and work-life balance. We offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks to ensure NYCEDC employees flourish in their professional and personal lives:
- Generous employer subsidized health insurance
- Medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Vision and hearing benefits
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Short term and long-term disability coverage
- 100% employer covered life insurance and supplemental life insurance coverage.
- Up to 25 vacation days
- Floating Holidays and Summer Fridays
- Parental leave - up to 20 paid weeks
- Retirement savings programs
- Company-paid 401(a) defined contribution plan
- 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plan
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- Continuing education and professional development
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer
- College savings plan
- Backup childcare
- Gym membership discounts
- A Calm.com membership for mindfulness and mental health support
- Employee discounts through Plum Benefits, Student Loan Servicing tools, and much more
Benefits listed above may vary based on the length and nature of your employment with New York City Economic Development Corporation. These benefits are subject to be modified at any time, at the discretion of the organization.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Diversity, Equity, and Social Responsibility Mission is to create a People First strategy by attracting, retaining, and engaging a diverse and talented workforce. Like the city of New York, NYCEDC knows our strength comes from each of our connected parts, making the fabric of our organization better and stronger because of our unique employees' talents.
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.