Junior Risk Analyst
Job Title: Full-Time Junior Risk Analyst
Location: New York
School Year: Alumni and recent graduates; this is a full-time job
Mirae Asset Global Investments (USA) LLC is seeking a Junior Risk Analyst to assist portfolio management team with performance reports and risk analysis of fixed income and equities spread throughout the developed and emerging markets.
This candidate will work closely with the portfolio management teams which frequently requires a time sensitive and heavy workload. The ability to prioritize, collaborate and think critically are key features. This position would require high analytical, organizational, and oral & written communication skills as well as a strong passion/owner’s mind, thereby timely producing the accurate information about the risk and performance of portfolios.
An analyst's responsibilities will go above and beyond one particular role and get exposures to functions across many departments that includes compliance, portfolio management, operation & IT, marketing, and etc. As such, the Junior Risk Analyst role presents a great opportunity for a proactive and hardworking candidate to grow along with the success of the company and the funds.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Support equity and fixed income teams with the daily monitoring of risk including liquidity, cash and portfolio composition
- Prepare weekly/monthly / quarterly performance & risk reports and respond to internal requests regarding the performance attribution related reports
- Collaborate regularly with Korean and Hong Kong affiliates on all portfolio risk topics
- Execute performance and risk analysis of funds and manage/investigate any data reconciliations related to our funds between our internal systems (Bloomberg PORT), operation team, custodian bank, fund accounting services
- Implement creative solutions to manage database for fund performance and risk management efficiently
- Report the firm-wide AUM data across various asset class to the executive management
Skills & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Economics and Finance
- Must be comfortable with Excel
- Proficient in Bloomberg is plus
- Experience and knowledge with database management is desired
- Hardworking and proactive, with a desire for continuous learning
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High analytical skill with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work in fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and executing responsibilities with minimal errors